• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oh the Irony

HankT

State Researcher
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
6,215
Location
Invisible Mode
imported post

bohdi wrote:
HankT wrote:
The Westfield 32 group has a Brady Campaign produced video taken with a concealed camera by some fellow named Colin who boughtsome guns at agun show from private sellers.

Guns for Cash in Virginia! No Background Check, no ID Required


It is very true to reality. And the video presents the Brady point of view very well. Quite effective. They even showed a "responsible" privatesale where the seller insisted on a bill of sale. Prettybalanced depiction by the Brady-ites.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASjfzG4mpyU
Gee Hank. Thanks for the 411. We know who Colin is already. That story and his actions are old news.

You're welcome, Bohdi.

What do you think of the Brady video? Think it's accurate?

That Colin Goddard guy has tons of validity. They picked the perfect spokesman/activist.

Think the video is informative and persuasive?

What say you,Bohdi?
 

bohdi

Regular Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2007
Messages
1,753
Location
Centreville, Virginia, USA
imported post

The damning thing about video, like statistics,is it can show anything you want it to show :)

Could they have picked a better puppet? Nope.

Is it a secret you can buy a gun through a private sale without a background check? Nope.

Is it a secret you can do that in a church parking lot or outside a gun convention? Nope.

Can the arguement be made the video is pursuasive? Sure. Why not. Until people act on that though, it doesn't mean anything really. You can change a persons mind, but if you don't change their will and motivate them to act, you really haven't done anything have you?
 

HankT

State Researcher
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
6,215
Location
Invisible Mode
imported post

bohdi wrote:
The damning thing about video, like statistics,is it can show anything you want it to show :)

Could they have picked a better puppet? Nope.

Is it a secret you can buy a gun through a private sale without a background check? Nope.

Is it a secret you can do that in a church parking lot or outside a gun convention? Nope.

Can the arguement be made the video is pursuasive? Sure. Why not. Until people act on that though, it doesn't mean anything really. You can change a persons mind, but if you don't change their will and motivate them to act, you really haven't done anything have you?

Why do you call Colin Goddard a "puppet?" He's an activist. And he got shot 4 times.

You're disrespecting a man who faced death by some loon murdererwith a gun and lived to tell about it. And you trash him simply because you don't like his opinion.

Shame on you, Bohdi.
 

Tomahawk

Regular Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
5,117
Location
4 hours south of HankT, ,
imported post

I don't know what you mean when you say the MMM thing didn't "work out" Hank. By simply showing up unarmed with a camera, the MMM's were compelled to cancel their meeting and driven underground. Simply because they cannot stand up to scrutiny.

Contrast that with, say, VCDL meetings, where anyone is welcome to attend, even if they want to "disrupt" the meeting by standing in the back of the room with a camcorder making no noise. Heck, they can even ask questions.

In fact, Hank, you've got a standing invitation to join us whenever you happen to be in the area. Unless, of course, you can't stand up to scrutiny.
 

HankT

State Researcher
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
6,215
Location
Invisible Mode
imported post

bohdi wrote:
HankT wrote:
bohdi wrote:
The damning thing about video, like statistics,is it can show anything you want it to show :)

Could they have picked a better puppet? Nope.

Is it a secret you can buy a gun through a private sale without a background check? Nope.

Is it a secret you can do that in a church parking lot or outside a gun convention? Nope.

Can the arguement be made the video is pursuasive? Sure. Why not. Until people act on that though, it doesn't mean anything really. You can change a persons mind, but if you don't change their will and motivate them to act, you really haven't done anything have you?

Why do you call Colin Goddard a "puppet?" He's an activist. And he got shot 4 times.

You're disrespecting a man who faced death by some loon murdererwith a gun and lived to tell about it. And you trash him simply because you don't like his opinion.

Shame on you, Bohdi.
I call him a puppet because he's being exploited. Shame on you sir.

I don't get it. The kid seems sincere. He's got a point of view. And he has a legitimate rationale to feel the way he does. My God, he got shot four times at the VT massacre!!!

How exactly do you think heis being "exploited?" And by whom?
39.gif
 

Sonora Rebel

Regular Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
3,957
Location
Gone
imported post

bohdi wrote:
I call him a puppet because he's being exploited. Shame on you sir.

I imagine he has the mentality of a puppet after being shot 4 times (unarmed) and still refuses to provide for hisown defense but would continue to promote the defenselessness of others by acting as a Bradybot shill. Some people enjoy victimhood.

Yes... you can buy guns in VA...same as any other property. And, if youuse them in a criminal manner... you can die or go to the joint.There's no 'gun show' loophole... a private sale is a private sale. People bring their private arms to gunshows 'cause that's where the people who want'a buy guns are... Duhh!

It's not the 'gun' it's the operator.
 

HankT

State Researcher
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
6,215
Location
Invisible Mode
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
bohdi wrote:
I call him a puppet because he's being exploited. Shame on you sir.

I imagine he has the mentality of a puppet after being shot 4 times (unarmed) and still refuses to provide for hisown defense but would continue to promote the defenselessness of others by acting as a Bradybot shill. Some people enjoy victimhood.

Yes... you can buy guns in VA...same as any other property. And, if youuse them in a criminal manner... you can die or go to the joint.There's no 'gun show' loophole... a private sale is a private sale. People bring their private arms to gunshows 'cause that's where the people who want'a buy guns are... Duhh!

It's not the 'gun' it's the operator.

Well, the term "loophole" is a problem. Mainly, it's a distractor from what is really at issue:

Can an unqualified (i.e., felon) person buy a firearm through a private purchase at a gunshow?

The answer is, obviously, yes.

Colin Goddard thinks that is bad for society in general, and Virginia specifically. His premise is that to prevent a felon from obtaining a firearm, before said feloncommits acrime with said gun, is a good idea.

He makes a pretty strong argument. We all know that prevention is better than correction.
 

HankT

State Researcher
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
6,215
Location
Invisible Mode
imported post

bohdi wrote:
HankT wrote:
We all know that prevention is better than correction.
Which has what to do with VT or any of the deaths and injuries ?
Huh?

Are you suggesting that Colin Goddard is limiting his argument to only VT?
 

Sonora Rebel

Regular Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
3,957
Location
Gone
imported post

There is no prevention of human behavior. Cho bought his guns legally. If you are a seller and the buyer looks iffy... you don't have to sell anything to them. If the buyer has no ID... no permanent address and might look like:

Don't sell 'em nuthin'
 

bohdi

Regular Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2007
Messages
1,753
Location
Centreville, Virginia, USA
imported post

Come on kitty kitty kitty. I've stated my position on Colin before. Use your google-fu and you'll find it. We all know how much you like to search for things Hank. All the clues as to why Colin is a puppet and why he is being exploited is right before your eyes. You only have to open them and use them. It really is not that hard.
 

HankT

State Researcher
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
6,215
Location
Invisible Mode
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
There is no prevention of human behavior. Cho bought his guns legally. If you are a seller and the buyer looks iffy... you don't have to sell anything to them. If the buyer has no ID... no permanent address and might look like:

Don't sell 'em nuthin'

How, do you tell that they look "iffy," SR?

And, uhm, what if they do not look "iffy," but really are felons?

What if they don't have an ID to show you or don't want to show it to you?
 

Sonora Rebel

Regular Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
3,957
Location
Gone
imported post

HankT wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
There is no prevention of human behavior. Cho bought his guns legally. If you are a seller and the buyer looks iffy... you don't have to sell anything to them. If the buyer has no ID... no permanent address and might look like:

Don't sell 'em nuthin'

How, do you tell that they look "iffy," SR?

And, uhm, what if they do not look "iffy," but really are felons?

What if they don't have an ID to show you or don't want to show it to you?



For any reason you could determine... suspect... smell orflip a coin over... THEN YOU DON'T SELL THEM THE GUN(S)! What if you actually engaged brain before setting keyboard in motion?
 

HankT

State Researcher
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
6,215
Location
Invisible Mode
imported post

bohdi wrote:
Open call to the Mods - the usefulness of this thread has run it's course. The OP's original link no longer works. Kill this thread.
You might have to be logged into Facebook when you try. I got in a while back. I even posted on the page.
 
Top