• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restored Rights

BobbyGun71

Regular Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
37
Location
Lowell, Massachusetts, USA
imported post

Arizona has a rule and it's about restoring your rights in order to legally carry a firearm in that state, Arizona will only honor a concealed firearms license from a state that on it lists of states on some conditions, My guess is that if you have a criminal record and it's been over a certain amout of time 10 or 15 years you may be able to own buy and carry firearms again but if you didn't get your criminal record restored by a Governor or a pardon signed by the president you may not be allowed to carry a firearem in Arizona even though your non-Resident CCW is on it's Arizona's reciprocity list like Florida. Is this only for convictions or is this also for charges even though you have them expunged or Annulled off your record threw the court rooms?

Is there any other states that have this same rule Arizona has about convictions and restored firearms rights?




 

Dahwg

Regular Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
661
Location
Tucson, Arizona, USA
imported post

Here in AZ you can have a felony expunged, but must still apply to have your 2A rights restored separately. HB2134Requesed by the AZCDLclarifies that a person with an expunged felony, or who has had their rights restored, may obtain a concealed weapons permit.

If I'm reading the AZ State Legislature's website correctly, itshows that this bill has gone through its second reading in the senate and is awaiting committtee action prior to the third read and vote.
 

BobbyGun71

Regular Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
37
Location
Lowell, Massachusetts, USA
imported post

From what I heard they called it a disabled if you get your record expunged. Massachusetts is so bad that even if you were found not guilty in a criminal court for a violent crime they wont and don't have to issue you a license for Hand guns, Class A or Class B LTC's will not be issued or renewed only FID cards and some towns still wouldn't Issue them. very strange.
 

azcdlfred

Regular Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
905
Location
Tucson, Arizona, USA
imported post

Dahwg wrote:
Here in AZ you can have a felony expunged, but must still apply to have your 2A rights restored separately. HB2134Requesed by the AZCDLclarifies that a person with an expunged felony, or who has had their rights restored, may obtain a concealed weapons permit.

If I'm reading the AZ State Legislature's website correctly, itshows that this bill has gone through its second reading in the senate and is awaiting committtee action prior to the third read and vote.

Dahwg - Thanks! A little keystroke slip though. It's HB 2634and it's one of the bills being held hostage in the Senate Rules committee (see AzCDL Newsdated 5/2/08).

HB 2634 has been through the House and, once it gets out of Senate Rules, will be debated in the Senate Committee of the Whole (COW) then voted on in 3rd Read and, if no changes are made, will be sent to the governor.

HB 2634 enjoys bipartisan support and stands a good chance of becoming law.

Fred
 

Dahwg

Regular Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
661
Location
Tucson, Arizona, USA
imported post

azcdlfred wrote:
Dahwg wrote:
Here in AZ you can have a felony expunged, but must still apply to have your 2A rights restored separately. HB2134Requesed by the AZCDLclarifies that a person with an expunged felony, or who has had their rights restored, may obtain a concealed weapons permit.

If I'm reading the AZ State Legislature's website correctly, itshows that this bill has gone through its second reading in the senate and is awaiting committtee action prior to the third read and vote.

Dahwg - Thanks! A little keystroke slip though. It's HB 2634and it's one of the bills being held hostage in the Senate Rules committee (see AzCDL Newsdated 5/2/08).

HB 2634 has been through the House and, once it gets out of Senate Rules, will be debated in the Senate Committee of the Whole (COW) then voted on in 3rd Read and, if no changes are made, will be sent to the governor.

HB 2634 enjoys bipartisan support and stands a good chance of becoming law.

Fred
Oops, you're right. You guys do good work, and though I have yet to join the cause, I've become quite the AZCDL evangelist. Keep it up, hopefully I'll sign on a the gun show at the expo the end of this month.
 

azcdlfred

Regular Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
905
Location
Tucson, Arizona, USA
imported post

Dahwg wrote:
Oops, you're right. You guys do good work, and though I have yet to join the cause, I've become quite the AZCDL evangelist. Keep it up, hopefully I'll sign on a the gun show at the expo the end of this month.
Thanks for all your help! I'll be working the gun show at the Expo Center. Hope to meet you. I'm the guy with the handlebar moustache.

ATTENTION EVERYONE! Join (or renew) AzCDL at any gun show and save $10 off the membership price. It's our way of reimbursing your gun show entrance fee. A Basic Annual membership at a gun show is a mere $20.

Fred
 
Top