• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Discussion about remembering peter nap, skidmark & Grapeshot

scouser

Looking forward to seeing everyone today.

We'll be in the back room which is in the far left corner when you enter the diner.

For anyone arriving from I-95 it's exit 83B, go to the first light, use the furthest left turn lane and go around the Shell gas station to get to the diner. Don't make a U turn at the light, Henrico county often use people making u turns there to solicit $200 donations to the county's general fund

scouser

Thank you to everyone who made our lunch such a good celebration, nice to see that half of the people there don't even live in the Richmond area yet still chose to travel and meet up to eat and celebrate the lives of our 3 friends

The Wolfhound

We had a good turnout

I counted 14 in our area. Those I know from the forum include Scouser with Logan, Tess and family, TFred, User, Kenny, Double Tap, and Keeper. Several others for whom I have not learned their forum names were in evidence as well. Pictures were passed, memories shared, good food consumed and stories were told. Many a smile was to be had. Our own Athos, Porthos and Aremis remembered. Hail our Musketeers! Salute to absent friends.

DoubleTap

I counted 14 in our area. Those I know from the forum include Scouser with Logan, Tess and family, TFred, User, Kenny, Double Tap, and Keeper. Several others for whom I have not learned their forum names were in evidence as well. Pictures were passed, memories shared, good food consumed and stories were told. Many a smile was to be had. Our own Athos, Porthos and Aremis remembered. Hail our Musketeers! Salute to absent friends.

Beautifully said! It was so enjoyable to be with everyone. Thanks to all of you who traveled to join in on the tribute. There are so many wonderful folks on this forum. So much warmth and kindness. Many friends.

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday, the 17th.

Warm regards,
Diane

user

Accomplished Advocate
Thank you to everyone who made our lunch such a good celebration, nice to see that half of the people there don't even live in the Richmond area yet still chose to travel and meet up to eat and celebrate the lives of our 3 friends

And thank you, GC, for setting it up.

By the way, I had visions of reinitializing the "Virginia Legal Defense Seminar", but an incident yesterday reminded me of why I'm now retired. There were basically two reasons - first, my health is such that I have "good days" and "bad days" - so I can't promise anyone that I can show up in court on any particular day to defend their interests - too unreliable. Secondly, I've developed a tendency to mix up or forget words. Not that I don't have the word I want in mind, but I'll say, "bicycle" thinking that I've said, "panel truck"; I'll have the picture of a panel truck in my mind, and believe that I've said "panel truck", but everyone but me will have heard, "bicycle". We were talking yesterday about the three principle rules of gun safety, and I quoted number three as "always treat a firearm as if it were unloaded" - upon which folks corrected me - the word should have been "loaded", not "unloaded", but, well, you see my "avatar", right? That's HAL, the computer's "eye" in "2001: A Space Oddessy" - the quote I had in mind when I selected it was, "My mind is going, Dave... I can feel it."

So I'm frankly afraid to do self defense law seminars anymore, because I know I'll spout some nonsense not realizing that I've said what I did. And then some poor schmuck, who won't realize that what I've said was nonsense (since, as we all know, so much of the law is nonsense, so how would one be able to tell the difference?), will act on it and have problems as a result. Can't take that risk. I'm going to start writing, instead - I can correct that before anyone sees it.

Last edited: