• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Elk members in this forum?

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Was just wondering if there were any Elks members here in the Hawaii section. Or does anyone know any Elks in HI?

Not sure if Elks tend to be for or against "gun control" (i.e., liberal or conservative leaning) but they have a really nice Elks Club on the beach there in Honolulu (2933 Kalakaua Ave.)!

And their Sunday "Breakfast on the Lanai" looks like a nice place to enjoy some good food, sun and ambience...while at the same time OCing there.

Oops! OCing in HI (or even CCing) -- now I know I'm just dreaming!

;-)

Last edited:

razor_baghdad

220 views?

and no replies?

I saw the Elks thread and thought I'd reply as we're eating dinner there tonight. I'll be in Waikiki for 10 days or so [unarmed]...--> ;( I find myself "nekked" in Hawaii.

Come on out and visit for a few! I'll have on a triple tab khaki hat and be with 3-4 other like-minded folks. Come say hi!!

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
@ razor_baghdad:

Yes, no resonses until you came along, so we know that 220 people so far are NOT Elks. But neither am I, razor...just wondered if we had any forum-member Elks in HI. Guess not. I have a friend who is BPOE #187 and have been thinking of joining, but not yet.

So, thank you for your kind invitation to meet up, but I couldn't even get in the building not being a member -- and also because I'm presently in TX, not HI. Although I will be checking out HI as future residence (hope to take my 30-day recon-mission to Hi maybe this Fall or early Spring, likely staying at MVT over in Makaha), I'm not there YET.

So...you go ahead and anjoy "Breakfast on the Lani" without me. :-(

Try not to get too sun-burned...and don't let the people/boats on the beach next to the lanai be TOO distracting for you...;-)

(Galveston Island, TX -- 91 degrees/61% humidity/winds from the South -- the Gulf of Mexico -- @ 10mph)

Last edited: