• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting a convicted felon while armed

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Originally
Posted by color of law
I suggest you read United States v. Lopez, 514 U.S. 549 (1995)
The possession of a gun in a local school zone is not an economic activity that might, through repetition elsewhere, have a substantial effect on interstate commerce. The law is a criminal statute that has nothing to do with "commerce" or any sort of economic activity.

It is irreverent that the materials to make the gun traveled in interstate commerce.

I suggest you read Wickard v. Filburn, et seq., and save your irreverence.
Your suggestion makes it very clear that you did NOT read Lopez. The Lopez court, in great detail, explained why Wickard did not apply.

So, I request you explain how Wickard, contrary to theLopez decision, negates Lopez.

OC for ME

"ghost gun" - No results matched the search criteria

http://uscode.house.gov/search.xhtm...se:|::::::::false:|false|[::::::::false:]|[:]

"gun" - Showing results 1-56 of 56

http://uscode.house.gov/search.xhtm...se:|::::::::false:|false|[::::::::false:]|[:]

Making your own gun from your own stuff substantially affects interstate commerce because you did not pay a tax on materials and labor as would a direct or second hand retail gun sale.

Bottom line...make your own stuff for your own consumption...nope, not gunna allow that aberrant anti-social behavior!!! Dang those uppity mere citizens!

In with G-men SWAT...BREACH!!!