• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrier sues Evansville, IN for removal from zoo

bc.cruiser

You humans get all the breaks. We primates (chimps, orangs, gorillas, and even the monkeys and baboons ((who WE think are your closer relatives...)) are behind bars without due process or even a formal arrest. Forget about owning or carrying guns. The world would be different then, I promise you. See how much good those tranquilizers and stun guns do. As far as formal representation goes, we have to depend on the Depts. of Commerce and Agriculture and friends at the SPCA and the idiots of PETA.:banghead: At least you have the Health and [U]Human[/U] services.
We also do not appreciate some of your belittling and embarassing emoticons, specifically the monkey and banana.:monkey:banana:
However, to show that we can be reasonable, we'd like to invite y'all to a discussion group next Monday evening in the gorilla quarters. We get excited when we see guns (after all, we believe in the 2A, love 1911s, or any shiny gun and ammo), so you may want to either leave'em at home or CC. Any frisking we do will be only out of curiosity, not for Terry purposes.
A couple of platefuls of grubs, oranges, and graham crackers would be wonderful. Bring some wet wipes--remember about those monkeys and baboons and their bad manners.:cuss:
:cool:

Last edited:

cce1302

You humans get all the breaks. We primates (chimps, orangs, gorillas, and even the monkeys and baboons ((who WE think are your closer relatives...)) are behind bars without due process or even a formal arrest. Forget about owning or carrying guns. The world would be different then, I promise you. See how much good those tranquilizers and stun guns do. As far as formal representation goes, we have to depend on the Depts. of Commerce and Agriculture and friends at the SPCA and the idiots of PETA.:banghead: At least you have the Health and [U]Human[/U] services.
We also do not appreciate some of your belittling and embarassing emoticons, specifically the monkey and banana.:monkey:banana:
However, to show that we can be reasonable, we'd like to invite y'all to a discussion group next Monday evening in the gorilla quarters. We get excited when we see guns (after all, we believe in the 2A, love 1911s, or any shiny gun and ammo), so you may want to either leave'em at home or CC. Any frisking we do will be only out of curiosity, not for Terry purposes.
A couple of platefuls of grubs, oranges, and graham crackers would be wonderful. Bring some wet wipes--remember about those monkeys and baboons and their bad manners.:cuss:
:cool:

Oh I get it, because of the zoo!

You had me going for a minute there, thinking you were some sort of animal rights activist troll.

Tuesday was my last day drinking coffee, so I'm going on 48 hours caffeine withdrawal and not thinking very clearly. Yeah, I'll blame it on that.

bc.cruiser

Oh I get it, because of the zoo!
You had me going for a minute there, thinking you were some sort of animal rights activist troll.
Tuesday was my last day drinking coffee, so I'm going on 48 hours caffeine withdrawal and not thinking very clearly. Yeah, I'll blame it on that.

Yeah, it was because of the zoo.
Were I a troll, I wouldn't show where I'm from. I'm not an animal rights activist, but I don't condone abuse.

I used a link you provided in another thread (http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title35/ar47/) for the guy in NWI asking about OC and bullet count. Thanks for that.

Titanium_frost

Are you able to carry during this rediculous time waste they call justice?

AFAIK yes. The deposition will take place at the defense attorney's office not the court. This part actually saves time during the trial though because it will become my official statement for both sides well beforehand.

Titanium_frost

Why would he be prohibited from anything? This is a civil trial to establish what damages, if any, were inflicted on him by the city. It is not a criminal cases about something he is accused of doing, that case was dismissed, long ago.

For the record, I was NEVER charged with a crime, arrested or even put into handcuffs.

Sent from my BlackBerry while OCing at the Zoo

cce1302

I open carried today @ Potowatomi Zoo in South Bend today in your honor, as well as at the playground at the same park. And a bike shop where I picked up a new bike for my son.

Nobody mentioned my gun or reacted to it, even the guy standing outside the bike shop who noticed the hand stamp from the gun show (South Bend) we went to this morning. He did ask what I thought of today's show. It was fairly crowded, compared with the last time I went (probably 2 years ago) when it seemed only about half full of vendors, and even less of customers.

Titanium_frost

I open carried today @ Potowatomi Zoo in South Bend today in your honor, as well as at the playground at the same park. And a bike shop where I picked up a new bike for my son.

Nobody mentioned my gun or reacted to it, even the guy standing outside the bike shop who noticed the hand stamp from the gun show (South Bend) we went to this morning. He did ask what I thought of today's show. It was fairly crowded, compared with the last time I went (probably 2 years ago) when it seemed only about half full of vendors, and even less of customers.

:banana::monkey:banana::monkey

Rock on man, glad to hear you didn't have any trouble. Sad that exercising your God given rights in a perfectly legal way and you are almost surprised that you weren't hassled for it. Bravo.

Titanium_frost

Update:

My wife and I just gave our depositions for the record. The depositions for the 4 officers and the Zoo staff should be scheduled this week for a future date.

N.Indiana

I have OC'd at the zoo also a few times and never had a problem. South Bend/Mishawaka seems to be pretty accepting.