• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How does Vermont get around the Federal Gun Free School Zone law?

protias

So basically we have to legislatively destroy this writ of evil?
We should get a conservative/libertartian leaning president, and some more conservative senators and representatives, do you still we may get enough to strike this down? or at least the friggin' rediculous 1000ft bit?

If they'd just get rid of the 1000 ft. thing it'd be tolerable.
Get rid of all firearm laws. What part of "shall not be infringed" do people not understand?

vermonter

Gfza

I live in VT and my opinion is this: Be glad Walker Passed Permit Required carry! Now you are exempt from GFSZA in spite of all the idiots who DEMANDED constitutional carry. I thnk they are real horses %$#& b/c you had nothing, now you have the right to defend yourselves. After November if a cops harasses you show him your permit and tell him to take a hike! Here in Vermont we have nothing to protect us from a bully cop, and believe me there are some who will drag you out of your car until you are proven not to be a person prohibited. That does not happen when you show a permit first. Yada Yada, I know about constitutional rights, but this is Vermont with a lot of Jersy transplant cops, not Montana! You loose your rights east of the Mississippi and west of the Cascades IMHO......

paul@paul-fisher.com

I live in VT and my opinion is this: Be glad Walker Passed Permit Required carry! Now you are exempt from GFSZA in spite of all the idiots who DEMANDED constitutional carry. I thnk they are real horses %$#& b/c you had nothing, now you have the right to defend yourselves. After November if a cops harasses you show him your permit and tell him to take a hike! Here in Vermont we have nothing to protect us from a bully cop, and believe me there are some who will drag you out of your car until you are proven not to be a person prohibited. That does not happen when you show a permit first. Yada Yada, I know about constitutional rights, but this is Vermont with a lot of Jersy transplant cops, not Montana! You loose your rights east of the Mississippi and west of the Cascades IMHO......

As a horses ass, what is the difference between a cop "who will drag you out of your car until you are proven not to be a person prohibited" and what WI will have where we HAVE to show our permit if we are concealing? Either way they will run our names to determine if we are a 'prohibited person'. If the cop is not a right recognizer, he's still going to try to make a point.

Also, we are east of the Mississippi and we get Chicago police transplants.