• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eastern WA OC Report

Jeff Hayes

Went to Riverfront Park today with friends that are visiting from Wyoming spent 2 hours

Then we went to the Flour Mill for about 45 minutes.

On to O'Dorities for lunch about 45 minutes.

Fred Meyer Wandermere for 30 minutes or so for some grocerys.

Bi Mart Deer Park was next 15 mins or so.

Yokes Deer Park to buy the stuff we forgot at Fred Meyer.

Ended the day at Double Eagle in Deer Park checking out the 1911's.

No problems anywhere.

bennie1986

OCed to Arbys to meet up with SnarlyWino and Orphan! Didn’t notice any looks at Arbys but on the walk back to work I got a thumbs up and a wave from some guy and his son while I was waiting to cross the street! Thanks for lunch Snarly and thanks for the OC pamphlets Orphan!!!

JSlack

The only real issue I had was at Cabela's. For the last 3 times I have been out there they have not had .400 Hornady XTP bullets in 180gr or a set of dies for 220 Swift. If those are the only types of issues I have when carrying.....then all is OK.

bob

I have noticed that, for reloading supplies, White Elephant on Sprauge and the old "sportsmans warehouse" are better supply houses. usually have what I am looking for....unless it's not a very common supply. but for your XTP's....I am 90% sure the White Elephant has them.

Jeff Hayes

Went to the Car show at the fair grounds today, OCed the whole time. There was one guy had a panty wetting response and could not get away from me fast enough. We also went to Albertsons, Adams Tractor, 6 Robbles the liquor store and Arbys on 3rd to meet with Snarly and Bennie. No problems other than the one guy at the car show.

BobR

What is this, nobody has OC'd since Friday? I mean other than Bennie scaring little kids and frightening women in the park? :)

Well, today was the Petro truck stop for gas.... uneventful except for these 2 doofuses in front of me trying to work the pump and put gas in their car. They had an Oregon plate, so in retrospect they probably never had to pump their own gas before. They were like this:
confused.gif

Then off to Home Depot on Sprague.... uneventful, as always.

Then to the Starbucks up in Airway Heights on the way home.... uneventful, as always.

bob

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

Saturday I OCed to Becks Harvest House in Green Bluff, the Ram in Riverside and Bi-Mart Deer Park.
Sunday I OCed to the Willow Lake Picnic, multiple pit stops on I-90 coming and going, went to Safeway Seatac 2Xs no problems other than than Squeak getting MY winning raffel ticket for the pistol.

Jeff Hayes

8/17 Took my grandkids to Manito park today, they played on the playground equipment for about 45 minutes and then we walked over to the duck pond for another 30 minutes or so. Went to Zips North Division for lunch No problems

Last edited:

JSlack

little late, but last Friday I was picking up some pictures from the Walgreens on Sullivan in Spokane. got to the counter and a younger gentleman came right over to help me. Told him what I was there to pick up and he started to grab them. He said, "ya know, I have to say, that you are the first person..." paused for a second kind of thinking... "yeah, you are the first person I have seen carrying in here...other than cops of course. that is cool" I said "well there seems to be more and more that are coming out of the wood work and OCing. It's a good thing too." conversation continued, he asked what I carried, how I liked it, talked reloading too. said he was making a trip to Yellowstone soon, and was glad that National Park carry was legal now. said he would feel much safer. great encounter and made me glad i was supporting that business.

BobR

Cathay Inn.....no issues

White Elephant on Division..... no issues...also no Hornady XTP in 180g for 10mm, but they did have a set of 220 Swift dies so it was good stop after all. I forgot to add, while here I chatted a few minutes with one of the people working there when he recognized my gun as something he would like. He thought that they weren't being made anymore so I was able to tell him it is back in production.

Wholesale Sports (former Sportsman's Warehouse)..... no issues...also no Hornady XTP for 10mm in 180g

My front yard.....no issues

bob

Last edited:

bennie1986

Got a new Serpa holster for my 1911 this weekend took it on a test drive to River front, no issues. Then to Albertsons where a guy asked if I was carrying a Kimber to which I replied nope Smith and Wesson.
Side note: finally got the wife comfortable with carrying with one in the chamber so I have joined the condition 1 and 0 crowd.

Jeff Hayes

8/26,27,28,29 Went to the Bronze Biker ralley in Joseph OR rode to Imnaha no comments except for at the Zip Trip in Asotin the guy in line behind me wanted to know what kind of holster I had and where he could get one. He called several of his friends over to look at it, we kinda annoyed the cashier because everyone in line stopped to look at my holster. It was kinda funny no one was bothered by my pistol but about 10 people had to have a look at the holster.