Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Open carry in Mass??

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edinmass View Post
    My local Charter cable store seems to have a sign posted that has no legal justification to be posted under mass laws. Not wanting to offend or break their own rules, I open carried in the store to pay my bill. No comments or problems, and I went on my way. I hope they appreciate my effort to comply!
    There sign doesn't say "No Concealed Weapons."

It says "No Concealable Weapons." An OCd handgun is "concealable" - just sayin'
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-24-2015 at 10:01 PM.
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Open carry in Mass??

Haven't seen any citizen OC here in Boston today.
    Did see some graves of shooting victims though. Don't think they OC'd....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HPmatt; 10-01-2015 at 05:15 PM.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Just an update 10/19/2016 I open carry regularly in MA with no issues. There is no statue in which you may be charged for open carrying with an LTC-A unrestricted. If you happen to "alarm" someone simply for open carrying lawfully there is nothing you can be charged for and nothing that constitutes for revocation of your ltc on the idea of "not suitable person". Check out FRB vs SIMKIN-2013, if you happen to alarm someone and the police show up, they are allowed to demand to see your LTCA to verify your license, and after that send you on your way. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Welcome to OCDO. Yes, you may beat the rap, but you will not beat the ride. We have only the rights that we defend.
    Thanks for the welcome!

Woman dies after stabbing at Winchester Public Library - (MA, not VA)

Don’t visit libraries very often anymore, but our Texas town’s library is in City Hall, so recently expanded Texas law allows OC there. Sorry to see a young lady was stabbed to death by a local mental case - neighbors were too scared to do anything about. Suppose MA and/or Winchester makes libraries GFZ, but not 10” knife free. Have New Englanders just surrendered?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...MUN/story.html
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Don’t visit libraries very often anymore, but our Texas town’s library is in City Hall, so recently expanded Texas law allows OC there. Sorry to see a young lady was stabbed to death by a local mental case - neighbors were too scared to do anything about. Suppose MA and/or Winchester makes libraries GFZ, but not 10” knife free. Have New Englanders just surrendered?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...MUN/story.html
    Should have had the tool on a knife watch - melted down at the first sign of aggressive motion.
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123