• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Trigger Dr

I have flagging gear I am no longer in need of, I can part with it cheaply, if you decide to go that way.
(18" storm paddle, 24" full paddle, and if I can find it, my exo-lite night-flagging vest)

I have sent you 2 PM re the flagging gear. I would like to get it from you, if you "really" have it or are you just blowing smoke?

decklin

Saw a unicorn outside of Sportsman's Warehouse today. Did not approach him as I was on my way inside and was cc'ing because I rode my motorcycle and it was raining. It appeared that he had a G19 in a SERPA paddle hooked into his front right pocket! Kind of surprised me.
Then I went down to Blade Tech to do an order on a holster for a Sig P226R Combat with a TLR-1s. They were very helpful. I had never been to their shop before and it was a nice setup. They went over all the different options available.

SeattleWingsfan

Pierce county code 9.32.020 has a prohibition on the possession of silencers and.... and... shotguns...

The code is in a PDF file that won't allow me to copy and paste so I can't post the exact wording. I even had to reread the code like 4 times to make sure I read it right when I saw it was illegal to possess a shotgun...

9.32.010 Definitions.
For the purpose of this Chapter, the following terms shall apply:
A. "Dangerous weapon" means any device listed in subsections B. through F. of this
Section.
B. "Destructive device" means any:
1. Explosive, incendiary or poison gas;
2. Bomb;
3. Grenade;
4. Rocket having a propellant charge of more than four ounces;
5. Missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter ounce;
6. Mine;
7. Booby trap;
8. Molotov cocktail; or
9. Any similar device, other than firearms, the primary or common purpose of which is
to explode and to be used as a weapon against any person or property; or
10. Any combination of parts either designed or intended for use in converting any
device into a destructive device as defined above from which a destructive device
may be readily assembled.
C. "Firearm" means any weapon or device from which a projectile may be fired by an
explosive such as gunpowder.
D. "Firearm silencer" means any instrument, attachment, weapon or appliance for causing
the firing of any gun, revolver, pistol or other firearm to be silent, or intended to lessen
or muffle the noise of the firing of any gun, revolver, pistol, or other firearm.
E. "Sawed-off rifle" means any rifle with overall length of less than twenty-six inches
and/or barrel length of less than sixteen inches.
F. "Sawed-off shotgun" means any shotgun with overall length of less than twenty-six
inches and/or barrel length of less than eighteen inches. Title 9 – Criminal Code
9.32 -- 2
G. "Shotgun" means a weapon with one or more barrels intended to be fired from the
shoulder and to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a
smooth bore either a number of ball shot or a single projectile for each single pull of the
trigger, as defined in RCW 9.41.010(5).
H. "Snapblade knife" means any knife having a blade which is or can be concealed in its
handle and ejected therefrom by a mechanical or spring device. This definition shall not
apply to fixed blade knives having blades which pivot on and fold into their respective
handles and can be opened only manually.
(Ord. 2004-72s § 1 (part), 2004; Ord. 90-45 § 1 (part), 1990; Ord. 84-172 (part), 1984; prior
Code § 35.09.010)

9.32.020 Unlawful Possession, Manufacture or Disposition.
It is unlawful for any person to possess, manufacture and/or dispose of any weapon and/or
device as defined in subsections B., D., E., F., and G. of Section 9.32.010. (Ord. 2003-135 § 1,
2004; Ord. 84-172 (part), 1984; prior Code § 35.09.020)

Grim_Night

Just had a very interesting and informative encounter with a local pierce county sheriff deputy working for pierce transit as "transit police". Seems that most if not all of the "transit police" have been told not to contact me specifically regarding any MWAG calls that they receive and respond to. If the officer sees that the person that is carrying is in fact myself, they will not contact me unless I am doing something "illegal". BUT... The same officer that informed me of this also went on to tell me more about how he doesn't agree with open carrying and claimed that I was just looking for attention, trying to look big and tough, and then went on to try and insult me by saying I was lonely because I have no girlfriend, wife, or kids. (II have all of this on an audio recording by the way...) He also went on to say that even though I am not doing anything illegal by open carrying, if he or another officer get a MWAG call, and they get into an accident and kill somebody while rushing to the scene...

Seems to me that this officer and others feel the same though I know for a fact that it is not a unanimous opinion among all officers in the local area. If anybody is interested in hearing the recording, I'll gladly send them a complete copy of the MP3 file, once it has been edited to only include the encounter with the officer (as there are other conversations recorded that have no baring on the conversation with the officer and also contain sensitive personal information).

decklin

Just had a very interesting and informative encounter with a local pierce county sheriff deputy working for pierce transit as "transit police". Seems that most if not all of the "transit police" have been told not to contact me specifically regarding any MWAG calls that they receive and respond to. If the officer sees that the person that is carrying is in fact myself, they will not contact me unless I am doing something "illegal". BUT... The same officer that informed me of this also went on to tell me more about how he doesn't agree with open carrying and claimed that I was just looking for attention, trying to look big and tough, and then went on to try and insult me by saying I was lonely because I have no girlfriend, wife, or kids. (II have all of this on an audio recording by the way...) He also went on to say that even though I am not doing anything illegal by open carrying, if he or another officer get a MWAG call, and they get into an accident and kill somebody while rushing to the scene...

Seems to me that this officer and others feel the same though I know for a fact that it is not a unanimous opinion among all officers in the local area. If anybody is interested in hearing the recording, I'll gladly send them a complete copy of the MP3 file, once it has been edited to only include the encounter with the officer (as there are other conversations recorded that have no baring on the conversation with the officer and also contain sensitive personal information).

Seems to me that you should file a complaint.

EMNofSeattle

Jeez Grim, you just have terrible luck. for the first time ever in OCDO history, I EMNofSeattle, am going to recommend you start concealing. nothing against open carry at all, but see, the issue is, you're dealing with people who may be willing to fabricate a charge against you, if the wildlife at the transit center doesn't first. I think they're testing the waters and just looking for the oppurtunity to jack you up, you should file a complaint and conceal when on transit resources or property until it's resolved in your favor. just my $00.02

Grim_Night

Ok so here's the recording and a short explination... I encountered Officer Andy on my way out of a local gas station on my way home. I knew him and had talked to him before and when I talked to him today, I had intended it to only be a 30 secound or so encounter. I admit that I got a bit flustered during the encounter as I tried to deal with one topic that he brought up and then changed to a new related topic. I admit to getting tripped up by the way he handled the situation which I'm sure is exactly what he wanted. At the point where I decided to end the encounter, he followed me back into the gas station and continued his attempt to get a reaction out of me or as he put it, "push my buttons"

MP3 LINK

PS. one thing that I did edit out of the recording was the fact that my friend, who is the assistant manager at the gas station (who can also be heard in the background), thought that the officer was just joking around with me and he was going along with it. When he realized that the officer was being serious, he quickly stopped adding in is input and told me all this after the officer finally left.

Last edited:

Grim_Night

Jeez Grim, you just have terrible luck. for the first time ever in OCDO history, I EMNofSeattle, am going to recommend you start concealing. nothing against open carry at all, but see, the issue is, you're dealing with people who may be willing to fabricate a charge against you, if the wildlife at the transit center doesn't first. I think they're testing the waters and just looking for the oppurtunity to jack you up, you should file a complaint and conceal when on transit resources or property until it's resolved in your favor. just my $00.02

So what you are saying is that I should allow them to intimidate me and conceal carry just to make the officers happy? This serves only making them feel that if they can push me around, they can continue to push others around that don't do what they approve of but is a legal activity. And me backing down and carrying concealed also sets back the cause of those who are trying to assert their rights in this matter. As for them trying to fabricate charges, that is why I have been carrying a digital recorder on me at all times when I am outside of my apartment. I know the law and I know that I am not breaking the law. Not only will I have a digital recording to back me up in court should that situation arise, I also have a decent 2A lawyer in the local area that has been recommended to me by SAF. Derek M. Smith

Trigger Dr

Grim Nite
First off, I have to agree with the ossifer in as much as you appear to be looking for attention.
My advice, for what ever it is worth. DO NOT initiate a conversation with cops. If they want to talk, bid them a good day and leave. By staying there and trying to convince them of anything, you will not win, what you will do is gain their attention in an unwanted situation.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Grim Nite
First off, I have to agree with the ossifer in as much as you appear to be looking for attention.
My advice, for what ever it is worth. DO NOT initiate a conversation with cops. If they want to talk, bid them a good day and leave. By staying there and trying to convince them of anything, you will not win, what you will do is gain their attention in an unwanted situation.

+1

Grim

"I do not consent to this encounter"
"Am I being detained?"
"Am I free to go?"

p.s. as a personal note, memorize your attorney's phone number

EMNofSeattle

So what you are saying is that I should allow them to intimidate me and conceal carry just to make the officers happy? This serves only making them feel that if they can push me around, they can continue to push others around that don't do what they approve of but is a legal activity. And me backing down and carrying concealed also sets back the cause of those who are trying to assert their rights in this matter. As for them trying to fabricate charges, that is why I have been carrying a digital recorder on me at all times when I am outside of my apartment. I know the law and I know that I am not breaking the law. Not only will I have a digital recording to back me up in court should that situation arise, I also have a decent 2A lawyer in the local area that has been recommended to me by SAF. Derek M. Smith

I'm saying to be smart, if you're seriously willing and ready for a long term legal battle if these people do come after you, then by all means do so. but don't just allow the cops to constantly harass you. you need to think this over long and hard, if you're really really willing to be ready to go to court and complaints and everything then go ahead, if not you need to stop drawing attention to yourself. Also I'd stop talking to the deputies unless you have to report a crime. it's obvious to me that they're no fan of you, and any rope you'll give them can be stretched into a noose...

Grim_Night

Grim Nite

If you listened to the recording, you would know that the officer said that he thought that I was looking for attention simply by open carrying. He would say the same thing about anybody else from these forums.

A big reason that I get more attention from officers is the fact that I use public transit on a daily basis. From being on a bus with 40-50 people, to being at a transit center with hundrleds of people and usually at least one transit police officer. Bus drivers for the most part don't even know the laws regarding the carrying of firearms in this state. Most that I have talked to have been taught that if they see a gun, they report it immediately to the police. Many are flat out confused or shocked when I point out to them the rules and laws in writing in the pierce transit quarterly bus schedule books. I don't have to seek out an officer to go talk to. They are usually already there. If I am going to be forced to see them on a regular basis, I might as well get to know the ones I see most often and at least try to be friendly and cordial. Most that I encounter are friendly. The ones that give me a hard time are the exception.

In an attempt to remain on topic, OCd at bank of america and wells fargo on pacific ave, just down the street from 112th. Had a slight issue with trying to sit in a too small chair with arm rests in BoA. Was forced to snag a nearby chair without arm rests so that my gun, holster, and mag pouches didn't get hooked lol... Finished my business at the banks then walked over to QFC to get a couple things the headed off for home. Took a bus to Market Place at 64th and Yakima to pick up a couple more things I didn't get at QFC. Encountered a gentleman on the bus home who kindly informed me that I was showing on my right side, to which I responded that I was aware and that it was intentional. Gave him a pamphlet and continued on my merry way.

Ps. EMN, I was raised to respect police. But those times are different then today. Some officers can still be respected while othets cannot. But you never know which one is which unless you take a chance. If we treat every single officer as if he/she is the bad guy or a bully then where does that leave us? I try to treat people decent until they give me a reason not to. Everybody has their opinion on all kinds of different topics and I'm willing to accept and respevt that. But only so far as the person with an opposing opinion to mine isn't trying to force their beliefs on me.

I was also raised not to put up with bullies. I'll admit that I got picked on in school growing up. Not because I couldn't defend myself but because most times I wouldn't. I'm a big guy and knew that I could hurt somebody without really trying. I didn't think certian issues were worth fighting over. I'm no Rosa Parks by any means. But I'm willing to stand up for my god given rights in the face of those willing to take them away from me with no cause. If I can't stand up for myself on these issues or if I'm not willing to, then how can I expect anybody else to stand up for me? That's my two cents worth.

Last edited:

DamonK

If you listened to the recording, you would know that the officer said that he thought that I was looking for attention simply by open carrying. He would say the same thing about anybody else from these forums.

A big reason that I get more attention from officers is the fact that I use public transit on a daily basis. From being on a bus with 40-50 people, to being at a transit center with hundrleds of people and usually at least one transit police officer. Bus drivers for the most part don't even know the laws regarding the carrying of firearms in this state. Most that I have talked to have been taught that if they see a gun, they report it immediately to the police. Many are flat out confused or shocked when I point out to them the rules and laws in writing in the pierce transit quarterly bus schedule books. I don't have to seek out an officer to go talk to. They are usually already there. If I am going to be forced to see them on a regular basis, I might as well get to know the ones I see most often and at least try to be friendly and cordial. Most that I encounter are friendly. The ones that give me a hard time are the exception.

In an attempt to remain on topic, OCd at bank of america and wells fargo on pacific ave, just down the street from 112th. Had a slight issue with trying to sit in a too small chair with arm rests in BoA. Was forced to snag a nearby chair without arm rests so that my gun, holster, and mag pouches didn't get hooked lol... Finished my business at the banks then walked over to QFC to get a couple things the headed off for home. Took a bus to Market Place at 64th and Yakima to pick up a couple more things I didn't get at QFC. Encountered a gentleman on the bus home who kindly informed me that I was showing on my right side, to which I responded that I was aware and that it was intentional. Gave him a pamphlet and continued on my merry way.

Ps. EMN, I was raised to respect police. But those times are different then today. Some officers can still be respected while othets cannot. But you never know which one is which unless you take a chance. If we treat every single officer as if he/she is the bad guy or a bully then where does that leave us? I try to treat people decent until they give me a reason not to. Everybody has their opinion on all kinds of different topics and I'm willing to accept and respevt that. But only so far as the person with an opposing opinion to mine isn't trying to force their beliefs on me.

I was also raised not to put up with bullies. I'll admit that I got picked on in school growing up. Not because I couldn't defend myself but because most times I wouldn't. I'm a big guy and knew that I could hurt somebody without really trying. I didn't think certian issues were worth fighting over. I'm no Rosa Parks by any means. But I'm willing to stand up for my god given rights in the face of those willing to take them away from me with no cause. If I can't stand up for myself on these issues or if I'm not willing to, then how can I expect anybody else to stand up for me? That's my two cents worth.

Grim, you've just got to stop talking to the frigging cops man. I was raised with all the respect the authorities stuff to. That doesn't mean you go talk to them. Just stop talking to those kinds of people. I thought you had just had a rough patch, don't jump back into bad habits. Hey, if you need to bring a newspaper to read so you don't get so bored that you feel the need to strike up a conversation with a LEO, do that.

Good luck, take care

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

DamonK

Back to OC report. I wore my beautiful OLY/SAFARI ARMS Matchmaster (1911) and got a few positive comments. Everything from I didn't know you could do that to is that a Kimber? The picture is what I typically carry. Usually the firearm is visible, and the mags are under my untucked shirt. Just for my personal comfort.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362160071428.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362160071428.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 117

decklin

Damon, what a nice 1911! Is that a 5" or a 6"? Hard to tell from pics. Also, how do like the grips? I've been thinking about getting something similar on my 1911 but I really love my wood grips.