• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lawsuit filed for carry in the District of Columbia

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Thundar wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
Alan Gura: Bitch-slapper Extraordinaire
DC gun grabbersdidn't learn the first time....
I think they know... just maximizing billable hours, having an excuse to raise taxes, and most importantly, forcing victims to be disarmed for as long as possible. Capitulation at any point, even post-SCOTUS ruling in Palmer's favor, would make them slightly less evil. They want to be as evil as possible, so they will never stop as long as they are not on federal death row for treason, civil rights violations resulting in death, and accomplice to countless murders, rapes, and lesser crimes.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Thundar wrote:
If Gura wins in District Court by the end of March, do you think we might be able to OC in DC for the 2nd A march in April?
Anything's possible, including Metro PD throwing the entire riot suppression package and some lead at a peaceful demonstration conducted with the support of the Court ruling.

Dreamer

imported post

Yeah, you need to remember that the DC police draw their firearms against snowball throwers...:shock:

I can't imagine how they'd react to a few thousand OCers marching down Constitution Avenue. I think the "cognitive dissonance" of a few thousand armed citizens that didn't commit any crimes would be too much for them to handle.

I predict that the day there is an OC rally in DC, there will be a MASSIVE influx of DC Metro officers being checked into St. Elizabeths...;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Yeah, you need to remember that the DC police draw their firearms against snowball throwers...:shock:

I can't imagine how they'd react to a few thousand OCers marching down Constitution Avenue. I think the "cognitive dissonance" of a few thousand armed citizens that didn't commit any crimes would be too much for them to handle.

I predict that the day there is an OC rally in DC, there will be a MASSIVE influx of DC Metro officers being checked into St. Elizabeths...;)
Cr_Angst.jpg

Yata hey

Thundar

imported post

Dreamer wrote:

In Virginia, at least around JMU, snowballs are missiles, and throwing one at a car is a felony!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Amazing how silent the MSM is on this case. Perhaps that is well... Nothing to fan the flames of hysteria as Heller did. Perhaps... just perhaps, it will quietly 'happen'... and then the hysteria will boil over. 'Like a pot of rice unwatched. Pee Gee and Monkey Counties in MD will throw a fit with that on their doorsteps. Maryland will then be surrounded... isolated in it's soft tyranny.

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Amazing how silent the MSM is on this case. Perhaps that is well... Nothing to fan the flames of hysteria as Heller did. Perhaps... just perhaps, it will quietly 'happen'... and then the hysteria will boil over. 'Like a pot of rice unwatched. Pee Gee and Monkey Counties in MD will throw a fit with that on their doorsteps. Maryland will then be surrounded... isolated in it's soft tyranny.

Oh, those words are sweet nectar to my........eyes (LoL)!!

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1787!!:X

Thundar

imported post

I don't think there is a real question as to whether there is an individual right to bear arms. The 5 SCOTUSjustices that decided Heller said so and are still there.

The only question is how big our RKBA legal victory is going to be, and how far DC will appeal the loss. (Think they learned anything from Heller?)

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Thundar wrote:
I don't think there is a real question as to whether there is an individual right to bear arms. The 5 SCOTUSjustices that decided Heller said so and are still there.

The only question is how big our RKBA legal victory is going to be, and how far DC will appeal the loss. (Think they learned anything from Heller?)

The Heller decison was about the 'right' to have an operable firearm in the home... that is what the court was to adjudicate on. DC dumped the 'law' that required guns to be locked and inoperable. The end result of that tho waere the 'opinions' on what comprises 'arms, the simple words 'To bear' and that 'People meant all of the people as individualsand not some unspecified subset (militia) or in connected with military service.

If Heller is an example of DC compliance... it's gonna take US Marshall's to enforce OC beyond your front door.

Thundar

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Thundar wrote:

The Heller decison was about the 'right' to have an operable firearm in the home... that is what the court was to adjudicate on. DC dumped the 'law' that required guns to be locked and inoperable. The end result of that tho waere the 'opinions' on what comprises 'arms, the simple words 'To bear' and that 'People meant all of the people as individualsand not some unspecified subset (militia) or in connected with military service.

If Heller is an example of DC compliance... it's gonna take US Marshall's to enforce OC beyond your front door.

Actually the Feds help DC enforce thier unconstitutional ban on Open Carry.

Don't look to Federal Marshals for help, look to other LACs. D.C. and the federal enclave police,homeland security and even the agriculture police will be loathe to obey the constitution that they consistantly piss on.

Rusty

imported post

The Heller decison was about the 'right' to have an operable firearm in the home...

I don't quite agree here. The Heller decision was about the 2A being an individual right. The question of "bearing" arms was not brought up, although it was discussed a bit in the opinion.

The Heller decision stated that 2A is an individual right. Not just the part about keeping. So although the issue of bearing arms was not really addressed to any degree, the 2A has been affirmed to be an individual right. That means all of 2A, not just the keeping part.

I don't see how DC can possibly win this case.

As for why this is not getting attention, I think it has more to do with McDonald then anything else. People are focused on other issues.