• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Basic Rules

stealthyeliminator

Many people routinely handle/carry/use long guns for a variety of reasons - this is just not the place for those discussions. I see no rule change on the horizon.

Forum Rules
(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.

What I find a little hard to understand is how rule 14 is interpreted to disallow the discussion of long guns when it actually merely states that long gun carry is off-topic, and explains that OCDO doesn't support it as part of it's mission. There is a sub-forum specifically designated for topics not related to the mission of OCDO. Seems a little contradictory to specifically and explicitly designate open carry of long gun discussion as off-topic, have a section for off-topic discussion, and then say that you cannot discuss the open carry of long guns in the off-topic section and cite the rule classifying long gun open carry as off-topic for the reason that it can't be discussed in the off-topic section. Huh? At the very least, I think that rephrasing the rule is in order.

But really, lets stop beating around the bush with this issue. No excuses are needed here, they're just too easy to see past. You can talk strictly about open carry of properly holstered handguns, or you can talk about something completely and totally unrelated, but if you try to talk about something similar to the mission then you have to go somewhere else. No disrespect intended, but that just doesn't make any damn sense.

That being said, I respect the right of a forum administrator to make whatever rules they please. :) But just keep in mind that doesn't mean people won't realize that the rules are ridiculous and counter productive, no matter what justifications you make up.

eye95

This site is about properly holstered openly carried handguns.

Long gun OC is considered a distraction, so the good folks who provide this place, provide with the condition that we don't use this place to discuss it.

So, if I might make a subtle suggestion, get over it.

You have your own little board. Go there and chat about whatever you want with those who want to chat with you. God knows, I don't anymore.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
You can talk about long-gun OC all you want, just call the bloomin' thing "my gun" or "my pistol". Nobody will know the difference.

Now, really. How hard is that?

(Just don't make dumb comments about your tubular magazine, shoulder sling, or bolt handle. :))

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There is no "Off-Topic" sub-forum.

The Social Lounge was created not to provide a catch all, anything goes opportunity to evade the rules. In fact suggestions are made as to the intended use and the restrictions are clearly pointed out.

"Really want to talk about your new car or the movie you saw last night? This is where such topics should go. All other forum rules still apply here including the prohibition on discussing long gun carry, bashing other gun groups or LEOs and personal attacks."

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...(Just don't make dumb comments about your tubular magazine, shoulder sling, or bolt handle. :))

800px-Volcanic.JPG

400px-S%26W500.jpg

006.jpg_thumbnail077.jpg

Last edited:

eye95

You can maintain that you've done nothing wrong here all you want, but you don't get to make that call. This isn't YOUR house. You are lucky this isn't my house, cuz I'd've booted you long ago!

This is John and Mike's house. They and their representatives get to make those calls. And, frankly, they have been amazingly lenient with you.

You have your own house. Go there and chat about what you will with those who will visit your place. I won't.

eye95

Nowhere did I say that I was not talking to you. I don't put people on ignore who I believe will say dangerous or illegal things. I watch them like a hawk and let zero crap slip by. Only two people on this site fit into that category.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Nowhere did I say that I was not talking to you. I don't put people on ignore who I believe will say dangerous or illegal things. I watch them like a hawk and let zero crap slip by. Only two people on this site fit into that category.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

You did that on purpose, didn't you? Now, everybody is wondering who is #2. :):p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by eye95
You did that on purpose, didn't you? Now, everybody is wondering who is #2. :):p
Or who is #1 as the case may be. You did get the memo didn't you?

ShootinRugers

I love properly holstered openly carried handguns, I could talk about that all day long. I agree with what you say with the exception of that (set of boards) is mine. Sure, I set things up over there, but if there was an owner to them, it would be Zetaboards, a forum hosting site. I set them up not to own or control them, but to share them with AmericaChat members. To be honest, I could care less what it's members talk about as long as it stays within the policy guidelines. Topics (when allowed take on a life of their own) are beautiful and wonderfull. The grow with freedom of opinions, personal outlook from members. Grow in strength with each member who adds their own experance, wisdom, and views.

Policy guideline on this board--No Talking About Long-Guns, or did I miss something?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You have serious control issues. If this entire forum is as you present, then it is anti gun, (long guns are guns too) anti 2ed, 1st, and 4th amendment, and cators(sic) to police.

I have not broke opencarry's rules but Grapeshot will continue to target me, locking and deleting my topics and replys until I am baned from posting here, However I will continue on AmericaChat, and on OhioOpenCarry. Also I have considered posting on Planetinfowars. Just so others know for the short time this reply lasts.

We do not criticize/attack gun rights groups except as to their stance against open carry - it's in the forum rules. Yet you attack OCDO, call us anti-gun, because we specialize in promoting and defending Open Carry.

BTW - checked out your referenced sites. This is what I found:

OhioOpenCarry has 4 members since they went on line in April. Not exactly a major player, but everybody has to start somewhere.
http://s11.zetaboards.com/OhioOpenCarry/index/

AmericaChat has 35 members since its inception about Sept. 2012. While it does have a small firearms sub-forum, that doesn't seem to be its main thrust at all and there is extremely little participation in that area.
http://s11.zetaboards.com/AmericaChat/index/

PlanetInfoWars - here everyone seems to have their own little area/group including a Chinese spammer. Again very little to nothing about open carry, RKBA or similar.
http://planet.infowars.com/

I don't wish these forums any ill will, but to suggest them as alternate sources of OC, RKBA and/or 2A issues is ludicrous at best.
I'm willing to let the people decide which sites are effective or otherwise be of benefit to them - to that point I have added the links.

Last edited:

eye95

Do you see that little black triangle in the lower left of each post? Click that and you can report directly to the mods and the admins any post that you feel violates rule 6 or any other rule. Complaining about a vague set of posts in the open would seem to be overly dramatic and create the impression that someone is trying to broadcast his/her belief the he/she is some kind of continual victim.