• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A doesn't apply outside home per 1st circuit

OC for ME

Urban/suburban vs. rural. It seems MA is a patchwork of political subdivisions with some respecting the 2A and mostly others not respecting the 2A. Tough choice to be made if living in MA.

OC for ME

Urban/suburban vs. rural. It seems MA is a patchwork of political subdivisions with some respecting the 2A and mostly others not respecting the 2A. Tough choice to be made if living in MA.
Sorry.

...while Brookline can restrict for employment, target practice, sport, transport, use in and around a home, and collecting. Licenses are processed through the police department.

https://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/11/firearm_restrictions_in_boston.html
Do I read this correctly? Brookline MA requires a license to carry on your own property...outside of the structure you own...on your own property?

If the USSC don't step in on this one...right quick and in a hurry, my current view of the USSC and their disdain for the 2A, will be proven correct.

since9

Campaign Veteran
If the USSC don't step in on this one...right quick and in a hurry, my current view of the USSC and their disdain for the 2A, will be proven correct.

I'm no expert on SCOTUS procedures, but don't they have the authority to reach down and pull a case they hear about in a lower court to their level?

since9

Campaign Veteran
All of Massachusetts requires a "license to carry" to even own a handgun.

What moron(s) in Massachusetts came to the erroneous conclusion that anyone needed a "license" to exercise a God-given, Constitutionally respected and protected right?

Well, I see that 1,492,399 registered voters are Democrat whereas just 465,952 registered voters are Republican.

That may explain the "license to carry" requirement for home ownership and safekeeping.

Please remind me to avoid Massachusetts.