Thread: 2A doesn't apply outside home per 1st circuit

2A doesn't apply outside home per 1st circuit

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

More liberal judges attempting to skirt the clear "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" mandate of our Second Amendment.
    On trolls: It is to one's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel (Pro 20:3) // Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels (2 Tim 2:23) // An angry person stirs up conflict, and a hot-tempered person commits many sins (Pro 29:22) // I came here to build Pro-2A consensus to help our country, not trade insults like a fifth-grader. If you're on ignore, well, now you know why.

Urban/suburban vs. rural. It seems MA is a patchwork of political subdivisions with some respecting the 2A and mostly others not respecting the 2A. Tough choice to be made if living in MA.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Urban/suburban vs. rural. It seems MA is a patchwork of political subdivisions with some respecting the 2A and mostly others not respecting the 2A. Tough choice to be made if living in MA.
    Sorry.

...while Brookline can restrict for employment, target practice, sport, transport, use in and around a home, and collecting. Licenses are processed through the police department.

https://www.masslive.com/news/index....in_boston.html
    Do I read this correctly? Brookline MA requires a license to carry on your own property...outside of the structure you own...on your own property?

If the USSC don't step in on this one...right quick and in a hurry, my current view of the USSC and their disdain for the 2A, will be proven correct.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

If the USSC don't step in on this one...right quick and in a hurry, my current view of the USSC and their disdain for the 2A, will be proven correct.
    I'm no expert on SCOTUS procedures, but don't they have the authority to reach down and pull a case they hear about in a lower court to their level?
    On trolls: It is to one's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel (Pro 20:3) // Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels (2 Tim 2:23) // An angry person stirs up conflict, and a hot-tempered person commits many sins (Pro 29:22) // I came here to build Pro-2A consensus to help our country, not trade insults like a fifth-grader. If you're on ignore, well, now you know why.

Sorry.

Do I read this correctly? Brookline MA requires a license to carry on your own property...outside of the structure you own...on your own property?
    All of Massachusetts requires a "license to carry" to even own a handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    All of Massachusetts requires a "license to carry" to even own a handgun.
    What moron(s) in Massachusetts came to the erroneous conclusion that anyone needed a "license" to exercise a God-given, Constitutionally respected and protected right?

Well, I see that 1,492,399 registered voters are Democrat whereas just 465,952 registered voters are Republican.

That may explain the "license to carry" requirement for home ownership and safekeeping.

Please remind me to avoid Massachusetts.