• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alas, NC is joining the HS shooting list

solus

For those which missed it, yesterday [29 Oct] while Matthews HS students were shuffling in the hallways preparing for their first class, an incident of bullying began, leading to an altercation, which then led one of the individual’s to grap a hangun and shoot the other individual, who later succumbed to his injuries at the hospital.

The next day, investigators have already revealed that rampant bullying problems exist within the school, however the Charlotte-Macklenberg school superintendent was quick and has gone on record to state,

“I don’t know how a young person gets a handgun in the State of North Carolina but we’ll look into all those things and make sure it doesn’t happen again!”

Seems again the handgun is left to be solely blamed for this tragedy; instead of the school superintendent and admistration looking into the actual cause which precipitated the tragedy ~ uncontrolled institutional bullying activities amongst the student population.

One hopes this isn’t going to turn into a martyr cause celebre for our backward legislators to institute bogus statutory nonsense like they did in after the 1979 Greensboro massacre which was changed in 2015. [ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensboro_massacre ]

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I don’t know how a young person gets a handgun in the State of North Carolina but we’ll look into all those things and make sure it doesn’t happen again!

"I don't know how a young person gets a handgun in the state of North Carolina but we'll look into all those things and make sure it doesn't happen again."
So, when does the handgun go on trial?

since9

Campaign Veteran
So, when does the handgun go on trial?

Just as soon as the DA's office finishes interviewing a long list of suspected accomplices. They lined up literally thousands of them in local area stores, but as of today, and despite intensive interrogations, none of them are talking. In fact, one DA's assistant remarked, "I've never seen such a steely-eyed crowd. They're all locked up tight."

solus

Thankfully the local newspeek media had the dead student's momma, father, and brother all unequivocally state, 'my baby, my son, and i ain't scene my bro' bully nobody! Nasty guns done it...

sigh...