• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New gun laws in Missoula??

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
FUQ-
The ordinance would update and clarify the current prohibition on concealed or open carrying of firearms and explosive devices in City Hall and public school buildings. It would add the prohibition to the Missoula City Council chambers, any building where the City Council meets, public art museums, the public library, public parks under the city’s jurisdiction, and “any other locations of public assembly where persons gather together to conduct and/or administer any public election while election related activities are taking place.”

https://missoulian.com/news/local/m...cle_a12c8e90-47c8-51aa-a813-83b99fc58af5.html

I see this:: Additionally, section 7-1-111(9) prohibits local governments from exercising any power that “applies to or affects the right to keep or bear arms” except regulation of the carrying of concealed weapons.This language was originally codified in Section 47A-7-201 which was enacted in 1975.