Thread: Visiting New Mexico, southern Utah, and a touch of CO and AZ later this month

Visiting New Mexico, southern Utah, and a touch of CO and AZ later this month

I will be visiting NM, southern Utah, and a touch of CO and AZ later this month, so if you spot a particularly tall and handsome fellow wearing a sidearm, please say hello.

PM me for more details if you like, and in the meanwhile if you have any tips about OCing in those places, please post them!

Thank you.

...don't forget that particularly large Stetson (cowboy hat)...it is the desert...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    ...don't forget that particularly large Stetson (cowboy hat)...it is the desert...
    Hehehe

Yeah, I don't know if I want to try and transport that via the always generously sized overhead compartments. We shall see!
    Last edited by BB62; 10-16-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Campaign Veteran
    "...so if you spot a particularly tall and handsome fellow wearing a sidearm, please say hello." -- BB62

I did that today when I saw what I thought was a fellow OCer...but it turned out the guy was the Sheriff of Los Lunas, NM.
    Didn't see his badge (on his belt) from that angle.
    We talked for a few minutes, as he noted my gun also.
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 10-22-2018 at 11:40 PM.
    (Formerly of Colorado Springs, CO. President, Open Carry El Paso)

Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    "...so if you spot a particularly tall and handsome fellow wearing a sidearm, please say hello." -- BB62

I did that today when I saw what I thought was a fellow OCer...but it turned out the guy was the Sheriff of Los Lunas, NM.
    Thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post

He was open carrying wasn't he.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I saw no other OCers on my trip, but I did draw the attention of a number of the plentiful Japanese tourists!

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    I saw no other OCers on my trip, but I did draw the attention of a number of the plentiful Japanese tourists!

I'll wager that some will swear that they saw John Wayne.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I'll wager that some will swear that they saw John Wayne.
    Look here, Pilgrim...