Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new warrior in Valhalla

wow. sad to hear.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Too early to say much yet.

I am so saddened.

He, along with Skidmark and Peter Nap, were the leaders advocating Open Carry in the Richmond VA area.

I will try to write a more fitting eulogy later this week.

As for now, still too upset to write much but wanted everyone to know I was aware.

God bless you Diane.

riverrat
    Remember Peter Nap, Skidmark, and Grapeshot. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Sorry to learn of this. A true loss for everyone on this board, even more so for those of you who interacted with him in person through the years.

I'd PM him with a question or anything else, from a suggestion for us here in Ohio regarding improvement of our firearms rights, to a little bit of humor, he'd always get back to me.

Another huge loss for the gun rights fight in the Virginia Commonwealth: Don, Paul and now Dale. Each put their indelible stamp on this forum and advanced gun rights education by great strides. Im fortunate to have been friends with all three.

And thanks, Jane, for calling my attention to this thread.

The time to step up has arrived

Brothers and Sisters in the cause of Liberty, we have indeed lost a great warrior. I have had the privilege of meeting and getting to know Dale over the last eight years or so as I found my way in to activism. I could not have asked for a better guide or example on how to proceed. The amount of wisdom and experience he brought to our cause cannot be overstated. Dale walked the walk. He applied his shoulder to the wheel and pushed with considerable strength despite his small stature. Along with his activity here in OCDO, he was a vigorous activist within the Virginia Citizens' Defense League (VCDL). If there was a cause of the day, an open carry dinner, an injustice discovered, a meeting, or Lobby Day, Dale was not only there, he was out front and center in a leadership position. When some of the other greats were lost in the last few years such as "Peter Nap" and "Skidmark", Dale was immediately organizing efforts to assist family and friends. I am blessed to have known him. You never doubted his dedication to the cause and the people in it. The weight you feel in his loss is the weight of his burden that now becomes ours. Shoulder that load. While the greats may fall the cause remains: Freedom! I have lost a mentor, I hope I can emulate his character and try to live up his standards of activism.
    SKOL!
    YATA HE!
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

I was talking with my wife this morning about having reached an age wherein most of the people I've known in my life are already dead. But this one hits particularly hard.

I'm certainly not up to improving on what's been said already. Dale was one of the finest men I've met, and I can't help wondering what this Commonwealth is coming to, when the last of the Richmond area open carry triumvirate has left us. Who'll take up the reins and drive that buggy, now that we are without Don Litten, Paul Henick, and Dale Welch. Who'll steer the ship?

I loved them all. I'm thinking perhaps we should organize a Saturday morning breakfast or a Tuesday evening dinner in honor of all three. Surely it's a different world, now.
    By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    I'm thinking perhaps we should organize a Saturday morning breakfast or a Tuesday evening dinner in honor of all three. Surely it's a different world, now.
    I hope someone down at Richmond sets this up. Id like to come down if Im in town.

Link to discussion re: remembrance meal

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1 View Post
    I hope someone down at Richmond sets this up. Id like to come down if Im in town.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...94#post2235294
    By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Thanks, Dan.

This is devastating. I just messaged with him on the 7th. Heard of his passing today. I'm going to need some time to process this one.

Will be returning for updates on services.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Centurion

Service, etc?

I've been waiting for info on a service for Dale before announcing his passing on VA-ALERT. Seems like we usually know such things more quickly.

Plans for celebration for Dale

I have just posted a new thread under Announcements with details of the celebration of Dale's life, and also included comments about a memorial service.

I have asked John Pierce to put a sticky on it; in the meantime, you should be able to find it down the list a bit.

Thanks so much,

Diane
    Fear has two meanings: Forget everything and run OR face everything and rise!

Sorry to hear that. My fondest (scary) memory of him was Grape and Skidmark picking me up from my house to drive to NOVA. I brought my cd book and we listened to Strange Brew The Very Best of Cream. I was in the back, Skid was driving and Grape rode shotgun. I could barely understood a word Grape said and Skid drove crazy. I think Skid was a cabbie in Boston or something and it reflected in his driving.

Godspeed Dale.
    "Head, shoulders, not the toes. Not the toes."

Campaign Veteran
    I met Dale at a funeral for one of our Pa. members, many years ago. He was certainly one who would do anything for anyone, no matter how far the drive. He will be missed by many, including me.

Campaign Veteran
    Very sad to hear this news. As has already been mentioned, Dale traveled to PA on more than one occasion to join with us in our own activist activities. He is being remembered for his dedication up here too.

Godspeed, Dale.

All I know is Im going to miss him. I remember him coming to my house when I lived in Doswell to play with his new build. Seems like yesterday. Between Dale, Don, and Paul I have so many memories. I miss them all. From the protests, to Breakfast to dinners I felt like they were part of my family.

thats a Bullseye, Brother...,

Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfhound View Post
    Brothers and Sisters in the cause of Liberty, we have indeed lost a great warrior. I have had the privilege of meeting and getting to know Dale over the last eight years or so as I found my way in to activism. I could not have asked for a better guide or example on how to proceed. The amount of wisdom and experience he brought to our cause cannot be overstated. Dale walked the walk. He applied his shoulder to the wheel and pushed with considerable strength despite his small stature. Along with his activity here in OCDO, he was a vigorous activist within the Virginia Citizens' Defense League (VCDL). If there was a cause of the day, an open carry dinner, an injustice discovered, a meeting, or Lobby Day, Dale was not only there, he was out front and center in a leadership position. When some of the other greats were lost in the last few years such as "Peter Nap" and "Skidmark", Dale was immediately organizing efforts to assist family and friends. I am blessed to have known him. You never doubted his dedication to the cause and the people in it. The weight you feel in his loss is the weight of his burden that now becomes ours. Shoulder that load. While the greats may fall the cause remains: Freedom! I have lost a mentor, I hope I can emulate his character and try to live up his standards of activism.
    SKOL!
    YATA HE!
    +1000, couldn't have said it any better!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Philippians 1:3

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

A sad day indeed. Prayers for him and those he has left behind......

Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfhound View Post
    SKOL!
    YATA HE!
    Well said, The Wolfhound.

It is with a profound sense of reverence we honor our fallen heroes.

See you on the other side, Dale.
    On trolls: It is to one's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel (Pro 20:3) // Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels (2 Tim 2:23) // An angry person stirs up conflict, and a hot-tempered person commits many sins (Pro 29:22) // I came here to build Pro-2A consensus to help our country, not trade insults like a fifth-grader. If you're on ignore, well, now you know why.

Blue Skies my Brother.....
    Bitka Sve Reava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Job well done good servant

I never met Dale in person, he wasnt able to make the one Saturday breakfast I made it in Richmond (thanks for tour Scouser & late Skidmark); but we did have some good discussions about OC, strategies to interest gun carry w wife & daughter, as well as early American history and our predecessors role in it. Prayers to you and your family Doubletap, Dale made a difference in my life and I will miss him.
    Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    RIP peace, you did a lot for the gun community.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12