• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rediculous Regulations

Jimsouth

I have several beautiful automatic knives, that are illegal to carry. However since I have bad cervical disks, and the results of that are numbness in my fingers, I do carry a small Hubetrus with a ( maybe ) 2 inch blade. A lever lock. I could be nailed for this tiny pocket knife. Should I move on to carrying something that's perfectly legal, like a double bladed ax or a machete. Input please.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Amendment II - A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The term "arms" does not refer merely to "firearms," but rather, to all "armaments." It is most emphatically a shortened form of "armaments."

Our problem is that legislators have for centuries infringed on our right to keep and bear arms (armaments, weapons of any and all kinds).

My advice? Start writing your local legislators and the papers and keep it up until enough people realize that what they're doing is nothing less than directly violating the U.S. Constitution itself.

Jimsouth

Amendment II - A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The term "arms" does not refer merely to "firearms," but rather, to all "armaments." It is most emphatically a shortened form of "armaments."

Our problem is that legislators have for centuries infringed on our right to keep and bear arms (armaments, weapons of any and all kinds).

My advice? Start writing your local legislators and the papers and keep it up until enough people realize that what they're doing is nothing less than directly violating the U.S. Constitution itself.

Too often it's those grey areas that give the law abiding citizen an ass boinking. The Australian gun grab was criminal. The taxes from law abiding citizens funded the ( veiled ) confiscation of their firearms; while criminals did not hand over firearms, So, the law covered the people who were least likely to use a gun for criminal activity. More political genius.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Too often it's those grey areas that give the law abiding citizen an ass boinking.

To which "grey areas" are you referring? What part of "the right of the people" is gray? What part of "keep and bear arms" is gray? What part of "shall not be infringed is gray?

The Australian gun grab was criminal. The taxes from law abiding citizens funded the ( veiled ) confiscation of their firearms; while criminals did not hand over firearms, So, the law covered the people who were least likely to use a gun for criminal activity. More political genius.

When it comes to common sense, most politicians are dumb as a box of rocks. That's why most people never want to get into politics.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The Supreme Court in Caetano v. Massachusetts, 577 U. S. ____ (2016) unanimously held that “the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding,” and that this “Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States.”

"Arms" Anything that a man wears for his defense, or takes in his hands, or uses in his anger, to cast at or strike at another.

"Prima facie" Based on the first impression; accepted as correct until proved otherwise.

District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570, 592, 171 L.Ed 2d 637, 128 S.Ct. 2783 (2008) did not limit the right to bear arms. It specifically stated, “Second Amendment implicitly recognizes the pre-existence of the right and declares only that it ‘shall not be infringed.” The Court reiterated, “Our opinion is, that any law, State or Federal, is repugnant to the Constitution, and void, which contravenes this right, originally belonging to our forefathers.”

Last edited:

solus

CoL, here catch the stout rope i have tied to a tree, tie it around your waist, quickly now before you get sucked into this thread which resembles bog/quicksand/muck & mires and you disappear just like the 3-4 megaton nuclear bomb did here in rural religious Eastern NC in 1961. [https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_Goldsboro_B-52_crash ]

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
The Supreme Court in Caetano v. Massachusetts, 577 U. S. ____ (2016) unanimously held that “the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding,” and that this “Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States.”

"Arms" Anything that a man wears for his defense, or takes in his hands, or uses in his anger, to cast at or strike at another.

"Prima facie" Based on the first impression; accepted as correct until proved otherwise.

District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570, 592, 171 L.Ed 2d 637, 128 S.Ct. 2783 (2008) did not limit the right to bear arms. It specifically stated, “Second Amendment implicitly recognizes the pre-existence of the right and declares only that it ‘shall not be infringed.” The Court reiterated, “Our opinion is, that any law, State or Federal, is repugnant to the Constitution, and void, which contravenes this right, originally belonging to our forefathers.”

I concur, and am very glad they did. In the meantime, state law still prohibits my carrying anything longer than a 3.5" knife in my pocket or even a day pack. Source

But I can carry my gun, both OC and CC... ! JUST NOT A KNIFE. Heaven forbid, I might cut myself...