• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw An Unusual Handgun

Jimsouth

Just a passing thing; and I asked the owner what it was. Been a while, but I believe he said it was made in Belgium, and apparently a .38 necked down to a .32. Anyone? I believe he said, they also manufactured a .32 necked down to a .25 also. any input?

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

Just a passing thing; and I asked the owner what it was. Been a while, but I believe he said it was made in Belgium, and apparently a .38 necked down to a .32. Anyone? I believe he said, they also manufactured a .32 necked down to a .25 also. any input?

Just do a search on the .25NAA.

With you being one of the top pistol shooters in the country I am a bit surprised that you haven't own or shot one.

solus

Kinda like this Jim?
[thanks Fire Iinstructor]

25fly01.jpg

solus

I think kind of like this: FN Five-seven FN Five-seven - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Five-seven

yo Jim, BS flag thrown...

FNH’s 5.7 is a full sized polymer handgun which uses a very distinctive cartridge, which is absolutely nowhere near the size of a “.38 necked down to a .32” as wiki’s blurb would have showed you.

Any avid 40-year, exemplary marksman would be aware of that fact, now wouldn’t they Jim?

ps: FNH, doesn’t make any mucked up .32 > .25 either!

Last edited:

Jimsouth

yo Jim, BS flag thrown...

FNH’s 5.7 is a full sized polymer handgun which uses a very distinctive cartridge, which is absolutely nowhere near the size of a “.38 necked down to a .32” as wiki’s blurb would have showed you.

Any avid 40-year, exemplary marksman would be aware of that fact, now wouldn’t they Jim?

ps: FNH, doesn’t make any mucked up .32 > .25 either!

I guess I am not an expert on every cartridge ever manufactured. I saw a necked down cartridge during a casual encounter. Next time, I'll be sure to carry my micrometer. Isn't 5.7 close to .25 cal? Anyway, maybe a year ago, so memory may not serve me accurately. Lighten up. If I was dead sure with he specs, I wouldn't have thrown the post in randomly. SEE MY OP: Just a passing thing; and I asked the owner what it was. Been a while, but I believe he said it was made in Belgium, and apparently a .38 necked down to a .32. Anyone? I believe he said, they also manufactured a .32 necked down to a .25 also. any input? -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you take notice, I said, anyone; any input?

Last edited:

solus

Jim, hate to tell ya...tis slipping away quickly... Y O U R CREDIBILITY

Jimsouth

Jim, hate to tell ya...tis slipping away quickly... Y O U R CREDIBILITY

Since I have probably done infinitely more living & paid more dues on life's road, than you have; I learned long ago, high points in my life do not involve finding petty faults or trivial mistakes other people make. Work at getting some depth in your life. I try to avoid childish pissin contests; but I had to comment on this.

solus

Since I have probably done infinitely more living & paid more dues on life's road, than you have; I learned long ago, high points in my life do not involve finding petty faults or trivial mistakes other people make. Work at getting some depth in your life. I try to avoid childish pissin contests; but I had to comment on this.

Oh Jim, I’m truly glad you decided to ‘comment’ as I am in sincere awe your EGO truly believe(s) you have “infinitely done more” all the while having “paid more dues” then me and other forum members as well as those who are associated with you in your “world”.

While I am unable to speak for other forum members, Jim; nor those in your “world” but, truth be told...

What little credibility I presumed you might have - IMHO, from this adult’s perspective doesn’t exist whatsoever.

Enjoy mate.

Jimsouth

Hmm... "The Five-seven pistol was developed in conjunction with the FN P90 personal defense weapon and the FN 5.7×28mm cartridge."

Well, the P90 prominently figured in Stargate SG-1. :)

Stargate-SG-1-P90-Bullpup.jpg

Modern military battle gear is moving into the realm of Star wars. I have a photo of my father ( OSS 101 - CBI ) from WW2. I will try to scan & post it. Boots, shorts, rag hat, and a Thompson slung over his shoulder. How times have changed.