• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Favorite snack foods

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
STAX by Lay's is cheaper than Pringles and far better tasting. You can't eat just one.

My favorite flavor sensation is Mesquite Barbecue. I buy them 4 packs at a time and get very nervous when I open the last on hand tube.

Another favorite is any of the flavors of Bauducco sugar wafer cookies. They are light, airy and not unduly filing.

Last edited:

JTHunter2

The Lay's seem to be slightly thicker giving them more "crunch" than Pringles. I do like both, esp. Sour Cream & Onion, Cheddar & Sour Cream, Mesquite BBQ, and "French" Onion.
I also like Kruncher's Sweet Hawaiian Onion kettle cooked chips, SunChips Harvest Cheddar (they USED to have an onion flavor too) :cuss:, various Triscuit crackers, asst. Wheat Thins (also used to have an onion flavor), Cheezit White Cheddar crackers, and assorted brands of white or yellow cheddar flavored popcorn.

Jimsouth

Now, ya gotta prepare this; but fried Habbersett Scrapple with pancake syrup.

Last edited:

Jimsouth

Brrr, shiver, no no.

Not even with the best maple syrup.

I had a Dutch grandmother; and when I'd walk in the door after school, and see 6 or 7 pigs heads on the table, I knew it was scrapple making day. I was the snout scrubber. The big bottle brush is still hanging in my kitchen. Ya gotta get deep into the snout. I also like pig brains & scrambled eggs. Rise and Shine with Brains and Eggs – Garden & Gun
https://gardenandgun.com/articles/rise-and-shine-with-brains-and-eggs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There must be members here who are familiar with low country cooking. I mean, I'm a Yankee & know about Southern cooking. When I lived in Florida, a friend took me home to Louisiana. Grandparents did not speak much English, parents did. I will say, over the long road that's been my life, I've had many women in my life; and ****************** but of the things you swallow, nothing comes close Cajun cooking; other than PA Dutch. I was afraid to sit at the table, because if I did, in an instant there was food in front of me. No doubt, some of the most hospitable people I have ever encountered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimsouth

I took a walk up the mountain to look for Ramshead mushrooms. They only appear in my area in Sept & Oct. Really fry up nice. Found 5 small ones. Some can be enormous. They are delicious.

Tactical9mm

For me, bacon (Preferably lowest sodium). Almost no carbs, and never a bad time of day/night for a few slices. Always delicious.

For my firearms, pig lube (bacon scented).