• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig P365

Firearms Iinstuctor

I was out shooting with my hunting partner getting some practice in for our November deer hunt.

After we were done shooting the rifles.

He brought out his new never shot P365.

First impressions when after he handed it to me.

Nice feel, very nice night sights.

Shot to point of aim, easy to bring on target, a very nice trigger pull.

We shot a box of 115gr FMj's through it with out any problems.

At 10 yards kind of slow fire I shot a 1.5 inch group off hand.

The fact that they put 10 rounds in such a small package is a bonus.

I could see myself owning one if looking for a small compact handgun.

But I stopped carrying small handguns, The smallest I carry is a Glock 23.

since9

Campaign Veteran
The P365 is a good gun! And 10+1 is a decisive advantage.

My main self-defense weapon of choice is a 16+1 CZ 85 B. While a bit on the heavier side at 1,000 g (2.2 lbs), it's rock solid with a reputation for being reliable to around 100,000 rounds. To date, I've fired about 1,000 rounds, mostly in the first two years of ownership. These days, I fire just enough to maintain proficiency.

But it's a bit difficult to conceal.

My current BUG is a Walther PPK .380 ACP. Although it's a good deal lighter at 1.4 lbs, it only holds 6+1. Unlike the CZ, however, it's coat pocket concealable, which makes it perfect for malls and movies during the winter, when I'd really rather no one being able to spot whether or not I'm carrying. A spare mag in the left pocket helps pull down the coat roughly evenly on both sides.

If I were to buy another one, I'd get the PPK/S, as it carries an additional round but is only half an inch taller.

The Walther is also very accurate due to its integral frame and barrel assembly. I can hit a man-sized target at 50 yrs about 80% of the time, and at 10 yards, that closer to 99% of the time. Pretty good for a gun with a 3.3" barrel.

I really like the feel of Sig-Sauer, though, so my next gun may very well be a P365. Or it might be the P320, adopted in August 2018 as the U.S. Army's new sidearm, designation: M17.

Firearms Iinstuctor

If I were to buy another one, I'd get the PPK/S, as it carries an additional round but is only half an inch taller.

The Walther is also very accurate due to its integral frame and barrel assembly. I can hit a man-sized target at 50 yrs about 80% of the time, and at 10 yards, that closer to 99% of the time. Pretty good for a gun with a 3.3" barrel

When my eyes were much younger I had a German PPKs that was super accurate I shot many 2 inch groups at 50 yards and a few 6 in. groups at 100 yards.

Foolishly sold it.

I still have a PPKs but it is not as nice.

Due to weight I would buy a Glock or the P365 if I wanted a small carry gun again.

Last edited:

ptco911

I own a P365 and purchased one for my wife. It is a sweet shooting hand gun and easily concealable. It is part of my EDC rotation. I also have a Walther PPS .40 S&W G1 that is a part of the EDC rotation.