• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just another partisan Institution?

OC for ME

The good Chief Justice is not, apparently, the brightest bulb on the tree.
“I think he would be concerned that a series of 5-4 rulings, in which the five are Republican-appointed justices and the four are Democrat-appointed justices, would threaten to destroy that perception of the court,” he told The Hill in an email.

“I don’t think the Chief Justice wants to be remembered as the Chief Justice who presided over the court at the time that the public lost faith in the court, and began to regard it as just another partisan institution,” Gornstein added.

https://thehill.com/regulation/cour...y-over-kavanaugh-could-weigh-on-roberts-court
Post Kelo and Heien...who wudda thunk it...:rolleyes:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The courts are broken including the supreme court and Clarence Thomas has said so much. Scalia was not an orientalist, but only when it served his political purpose. That is why Kavanaugh is perceived as a danger.

since9

Campaign Veteran
The courts are broken including the supreme court and Clarence Thomas has said so much. Scalia was not an orientalist, but only when it served his political purpose. That is why Kavanaugh is perceived as a danger.

I'm inclined to agree, at least with respect to 5-4 rulings divided along party lines. But I'm heartened that the Supreme Court has in recent years turned in some unanimous and near-unanimous pro-Constitution rulings, as well.

Even so, most of their decisions appear to be both contested and split along party lines.