• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Common Sense

I carry

If you need a permit to conceal carry a gun it only stands to reason that open carry is legal. WHY ELSE DO YOU NEED A PERMIT TO CONCEAL CARRY ?

Think about it

solus

If you need a permit to conceal carry a gun it only stands to reason that open carry is legal. WHY ELSE DO YOU NEED A PERMIT TO CONCEAL CARRY ?

Think about it

Uh welcome to the nation's premier, and only Open Carry forum and me thinks ye are preaching to the forum's choir, per se.

Might wish to say hello, read a bit, and perhaps let folks know where you hail from to instigate some conversation(s) and possible local AK camaraderie going...

Again welcome.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

Think about it
But, apparently your state of Arkansas can't make-up their minds that open carry without a license is legal. I guess your state doesn't have any common sense.

since9

Campaign Veteran
That and common sense isn't very common any more.

Was it ever? Well, probably back in our tribal past, when the lack thereof usually resulted in sickness, injury, or death, and the only entertainment most kids had was watching and learning from their elders, then I suppose common sense was a great deal more common than it is today.

CJ4wd

But, apparently your state of Arkansas can't make-up their minds that open carry without a license is legal. I guess your state doesn't have any common sense.

Considering their former governor, who they then foisted on the rest of us (and his harpy wife), that might be a given.

since9

Campaign Veteran

Think about it

Having thought about it, with facts, I observe all 50 states, most generously, some begrudgingly, allow CC, whereas 45 (is it 46 now?) states allow OC. Of those 45, around 15 allow OC without a permit. The other 30 require a permit.

I think the sweeping Constitutional Carry movement may have altered these numbers a bit.

Thus, in answer to your question, "Why else do you need a permit to conceal carry?" I'd have to say it's because state legislatures thought it would be wiser for them to control who can legally carry a firearm than to honor the United States Constitution.

By the way, I'm a fan of the Constitutional Carry movement.

Last edited:

mikeyb

Think about it

So the states can extract monies from the citizenry.

You want common sense? Good luck. Because many, many people lack it and the ability to think. When one argues against the 2A, saying we don't have a militia environment anymore, I counter that the statement they just said is irrelevant.

The 2A (A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.) requires it's militia to be armed. It does not say that the people are required to serve in the militia. It does not say that only those that serve in the militia may be armed. It does not say that the militia is providing the arms. In fact, from my understanding of the time, the militias were initially self-supplied, meaning a citizen showed up to the militia with basic necessities to fight.

Therefore, an armed citizenry is required before the need of a militia.

Jimsouth

So the states can extract monies from the citizenry.

You want common sense? Good luck. Because many, many people lack it and the ability to think. When one argues against the 2A, saying we don't have a militia environment anymore, I counter that the statement they just said is irrelevant.

The 2A (A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.) requires it's militia to be armed. It does not say that the people are required to serve in the militia. It does not say that only those that serve in the militia may be armed. It does not say that the militia is providing the arms. In fact, from my understanding of the time, the militias were initially self-supplied, meaning a citizen showed up to the militia with basic necessities to fight.

Therefore, an armed citizenry is required before the need of a militia.

I believe my CC permit - license is $20.00 for 4 years. New one in early 2019. May have gone up a bit.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I believe my CC permit - license is $20.00 for 4 years. New one in early 2019. May have gone up a bit.
Why do you even have a permission slip. Your constitution says "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned." There is NOT a word excluding conceal carry. Clearly Title 18 Section 6109 is unconstitutional. Any judge that has ruled otherwise violated their oath of office.

Jimsouth

Why do you even have a permission slip. Your constitution says "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned." There is NOT a word excluding conceal carry. Clearly Title 18 Section 6109 is unconstitutional. Any judge that has ruled otherwise violated their oath of office.

I guess the license is to prove, I am not nuts. I told them I was not nuts on my original application; and you'd have to be nuts to lie on the application. Did I say that? Until the rules are changed, CC permits will be required. Although to me, logic dictates, were I considering criminal activity, I would simply locate an illegal firearm, and just bypass the rules. It has actually happened. I know, hard to believe criminals use illegal firearms, but it's true. And since there are an estimated 12,0000,000,000 ( twelve thousand million ) small arms on the planet ( .50 cal & under ); and millions of them are unaccounted for - just in the wind; illegal firearms will always be effortless to locate & acquire.

Last edited:

solus

I guess the license is to prove, I am not nuts. I told them I was not nuts on my original application; and you'd have to be nuts to lie on the application. Did I say that? Until the rules are changed, CC permits will be required. Although to me, logic dictates, were I considering criminal activity, I would simply locate an illegal firearm, and just bypass the rules. It has actually happened. I know, hard to believe criminals use illegal firearms, but it's true. And since there are an estimated 12,0000,000,000 ( twelve thousand million ) small arms on the planet ( .50 cal & under ); and millions of them are unaccounted for - just in the wind; illegal firearms will always be effortless to locate & acquire.

BS FLAG THROWN...

State privilege CC permits/license ARE not required in NC [14-402].

Jim, so care to provide a viable cite for your once again unsubstantiated BS commentary on “twelve thousand million” small arms on the planet” & millions of them unaccounted for”

Truly Jim, a serious query ~ are you doing alright? Especially since your online behaviour, as evidenced by your postings of late is extremely erratic & disjointed and to be honest, quite worrisome IMHO for a mature individual who allegedly has lived and seen as well as having paid your dues as you professed.

This is an other example showing your faculties seem skew’d with an inability to cognitively complete simple taskings. So If you require any assistance whatsoever, please PM Grape, or actually any one of us, and provide contact info and we will direct appropriate assistance to your location ASAP.

Last edited:

gutshot II

12,0000,000,000? I don't believe I have ever seen a number written like that.