• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We must be winning

Firearms Iinstuctor

Consider the lack of reports in the state sections and the many postings on non-gun subjects.

We must be winning.

It wasn't that long ago there were reports of lots of conflicts.

Now except for a very few anti gun states things seem to be going well.

gutshot II

Consider the lack of reports in the state sections and the many postings on non-gun subjects.

We must be winning.

The use of "must" in this instance is not appropriate. There are other possible explanations.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

We must be winning.

We are not winning. We are just a few points ahead of the antis in this long-drawn-out game.
Even though Kavanaugh handed Feinstein's head to her in a basket this fight is not over.

What I'm afraid of is that we are in a state of complacency. There are a number of lawsuits out there fighting/defending our gun rights, but they are not getting the publicity they deserve.

There is going to be a big 2A rally in Madison, Indiana September 22.

Tactical9mm

I agree that we are not winning, and haven't been since at least 1934.

We are one federal election away from losing everything under worst-case scenarios. It is a scary predicament that has been, and is ongoing.

In my opinion, for me to declare "victory", circumstances would have to be that any civilian restrictions on small-arms would not longer be "on the table" for any legislators. Federal/State or whatever. It would have be viewed as untouchable in our Republic. Small arms, ammo, accessories, etc.

Additionally, all laws that have infringed on our rights MUST be repealed. Federal NFA, GCA, etc. As well as any State/Local legislation.

Until the time comes when the results of an election will not impact our second amendment rights in ANY way, I can't say that we are winning.

Firearms Iinstuctor

There was nothing to win back before 1934.

From the time FL went to a CCW

How many states now have shall issue.

How many states now have constitutional carry.

How many states have strong preemption .

How many states have no problem with open carry.

How many states have reformed their knife laws.

We have done away with the restriction and interstate sales of, ammo and reloading supplies.

We no longer have show id or sign for ammo.

We passed the firearms owners protection act.

We have had several positive supreme court rulings

The 1994 assault weapon ban went away

We have carry in national parks.

Don't forget all the positives.

Only to dwell on the few negative states.

Or believe the all is lost story put out by the anti's

since9

Campaign Veteran
+1 Never let your guard down; keep fighting and keep voting.

Wise words.

I agree that we are not winning, and haven't been since at least 1934.

We are one federal election away from losing everything under worst-case scenarios. It is a scary predicament that has been, and is ongoing.

In my opinion, for me to declare "victory", circumstances would have to be that any civilian restrictions on small-arms would not longer be "on the table" for any legislators. Federal/State or whatever. It would have be viewed as untouchable in our Republic. Small arms, ammo, accessories, etc.

Additionally, all laws that have infringed on our rights MUST be repealed. Federal NFA, GCA, etc. As well as any State/Local legislation.

Until the time comes when the results of an election will not impact our second amendment rights in ANY way, I can't say that we are winning.

Oh, I can. We're way ahead with respect to what we've accomplished over the last 30 years.

But you're right about being only one election away from things tipping back towards the dark ages.

There was nothing to win back before 1934.
From the time FL went to a CCW
How many states now have shall issue.
How many states now have constitutional carry.
How many states have strong preemption .
How many states have no problem with open carry.
How many states have reformed their knife laws.
We have done away with the restriction and interstate sales of, ammo and reloading supplies.
We no longer have show id or sign for ammo.
We passed the firearms owners protection act.
We have had several positive supreme court rulings
The 1994 assault weapon ban went away
We have carry in national parks.
Don't forget all the positives.
Only to dwell on the few negative states.
Or believe the all is lost story put out by the anti's

I wholeheartedly concur. My only input to this would involve the reason I CC'd the other two: We can never rest on our laurels, even if we manage to eliminate the anti-Constitutionalism in its entirety. That crap has a nasty habit of resurrecting itself and rising up to bite the complacent.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Wise words.

Oh, I can. We're way ahead with respect to what we've accomplished over the last 30 years.

But you're right about being only one election away from things tipping back towards the dark ages.

I wholeheartedly concur. My only input to this would involve the reason I CC'd the other two: We can never rest on our laurels, even if we manage to eliminate the anti-Constitutionalism in its entirety. That crap has a nasty habit of resurrecting itself and rising up to bite the complacent.

Until have true constitutional gun ownership we must not give up.

Michael48632

Winning

I believe we are winning BUT not if we slack off and do not keep presenting ourselves with pride and dignity and keep our image clean and proud , We will never totally win because the government wants to keep us dishing out money for licenses and other expenses as if we were totally free where would their funds come from for other useless wasteful projects ?