• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Take 2 - Smith & Wesson Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted on a discussion that was locked about a documentary my company is making about Smith & Wesson after the Parkland shooting. It read:

Hello - I was wondering if anyone here lives in Springfield, Mass and has ties to Smith & Wesson? I work for a documentary production company and we are developing a film about the manufacturer in the wake of the Parkland shooting. We are approaching from a non-partisan point of view and would love to hear from people who have ties to Smith & Wesson and can speak to its importance in the community. We are trying to create a dialogue - please let me know if you would be interested in engaging!

I totally understand that you would all be skeptical that we are trying to approach it in a non-partisan way, but I am reaching out to people on this forum so that I can fully understand the other side of this debate. If the forum is closed down, how can we engage in any dialogue? How can I hear your side? I just received a call from a person from Colorado who explained his point of view and we had a very interesting discussion. If you are interested in reaching out I would love to hear from you. I respect your opinions and just want to understand. We are really trying to paint a holistic picture of the gun debate and create a film about people with different relationships to firearms.

Moderator statement:

I think that the words in bold speak very clearly as to your position and probable intent.

Continue to pursue this anti-self-defense position and your posts and registration may be caused to disappear totally + be blocked from re-registering.

--snipped--

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.