• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Smith & Wesson, Springfield Documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello - I was wondering if anyone here lives in Springfield, Mass and has ties to Smith & Wesson? I work for a documentary production company and we are developing a film about the manufacturer in the wake of the Parkland shooting. We are approaching from a non-partisan point of view and would love to hear from people who have ties to Smith & Wesson and can speak to its importance in the community. We are trying to create a dialogue - please let me know if you would be interested in engaging!

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Let me be the first to respond. If someone comes along to help I will be surprised, but it could happen. We here have all heard this "non-partisan point of view" story before. That term really has has a broad definition. From me, good luck with your project.

solus

Hello - I was wondering if anyone here lives in Springfield, Mass and has ties to Smith & Wesson? I work for a documentary production company and we are developing a film about the manufacturer in the wake of the Parkland shooting. We are approaching from a non-partisan point of view and would love to hear from people who have ties to Smith & Wesson and can speak to its importance in the community. We are trying to create a dialogue - please let me know if you would be interested in engaging!

Truly, I find the timeliness or absolute simple coincidence you posting here the same day the Wash Times posted this headline...

[h=1]David Hogg, gun control advocates march on Smith & Wesson headquarters, demand $5 million donation https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/26/david-hogg-gun-control-advocates-march-smith-wesso/[/h]Now wouldn’t you think the remote possibilities of your post and the headline being connected is a ZILLION(S) to one?

Moderator...while not the originator, might I suggest this be locked for posterity?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Truly, I find the timeliness or absolute simple coincidence you posting here the same day the Wash Times posted this headline...

David Hogg, gun control advocates march on Smith & Wesson headquarters, demand $5 million donation https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/26/david-hogg-gun-control-advocates-march-smith-wesso/

Now wouldn’t you think the remote possibilities of your post and the headline being connected is a ZILLION(S) to one?

Moderator...while not the originator, might I suggest this be locked for posterity?
Excellent suggestion - taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.