• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bit odd reporting in Connecticut

solus

While medical marijuana is legal and recreational possession & use has been decriminalized [within certain criteria] in Connecticut, those with cards must use the product on private property.

Does anybody else think it odd newspeek media is reporting varying numbers > 80 of good citizens in a Connecticut historical park OD’d at relatively the same time period and yet nobody, e.g., community leaders, police, etc., are raising any type of a stink of why, how, and where’s the LE oversight to prevent this?

Further, there was no commentary about whom would be paying for EMS or transport or...

Finally, no mention of anyone being given civil citations whatsoever?

odd dontcha think?

CJ4wd

The news reports I heard said that the ODs were from that synthetic crap K2, some of which may have been laced with fentynal (sp?).

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I'm confused (I know, I know, I live in a state of confusion), but if fentynal and all these other synthetic drugs are so deadly, then why would someone lace their product with those deadly drugs, in effect, killing off their customer base? Or, is someone(s) trying to kill off this class of persons?

solus

Synthetic cannabinoids (“synthetic marijuana,” “Spice,” “K2”) are various manmade chemicals that some people may use as an alternative to marijuana. These seemingly innocent little packages of “fake weed” can cause serious side effects that are very different from those of marijuana.
Synthetic cannabinoid products can be toxic. As a result, people who smoke these products can react with rapid heart rate, vomiting, agitation, confusion, and hallucinations. Some have to get help from emergency medical services or in hospital emergency departments or intensive care units. https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/hsb/chemicals/sc/default.html

symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/hsb/chemicals/sc/About.html/#symptoms

is illegal across the nation...

since9

Campaign Veteran
I'm confused (I know, I know, I live in a state of confusion), but if fentynal and all these other synthetic drugs are so deadly, then why would someone lace their product with those deadly drugs, in effect, killing off their customer base? Or, is someone(s) trying to kill off this class of persons?

Sounds clear to me. I think the dealers are aiming to give their customers the best high without killing them. Dealers are not doctors, however, and even doctors OD their patients. The percentage of deaths is quite low compared to users.

Doesn't make it right.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--Dealers are not doctors, however, and even doctors OD their patients. T
Doctors are said to be "practicing,' and they do ultimately lose all of their patients so they collect as much money today as possible. Tomorrow be damned.