• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-gun protester says you should never shoot home intruders who want to rape or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

since9

Campaign Veteran
"Anti-gun protester says you should never shoot home intruders who want to rape or murder you… because stopping them with a gun would be WRONG."

"It would be great if we lived in ideal world, where people didn’t need guns to protect them from would-be criminals or an over-zealous, tyrannical government. But that’s not the world we live in — and that’s why we have the Second Amendment."

Source

OC for ME

Ms. Vicki Batts...gun grabbers do not need to know anything about guns or gun laws. All they know is that banning guns is a vote they will cast. This mindset is exactly why I do not engage liberals in debates. I work to sway the undecided voter to vote for individual liberty and the restoration there of. The ballot box is where liberals must be defeated.

JTHunter2

OC - we either defeat them at the "ballot box" or we will be forced to deal with them with an "ammo box".

CJ4wd

Waaay too big a leap and not acceptable.

You skipped the jury box.

With the way the courts have been stacked with "activist judges" over the last 2-3 decades, the "jury box" has already been invalidated as has "justice".

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OC - we either defeat them at the "ballot box" or we will be forced to deal with them with an "ammo box".

Waaay too big a leap and not acceptable.

You skipped the jury box.

With the way the courts have been stacked with "activist judges" over the last 2-3 decades, the "jury box" has already been invalidated as has "justice".

I thought about your statement for about a minute and haven't been able to come-up with a rebuttal.
It may not be to everyone's liking, but it is a condition for posting on OCDO.

See Forum Rules:
[highlight](15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.[/highlight]

Whoopsies are NOT an acceptable excuse. Transgressions in this are will be dealt with some finality so I strongly suggest you not go there further.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I have taken some time to read the comments a number of times and compare it to the rule. I'm at a loss as to how the statements violate the rule. Grapeshot, could you explain?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I find Forum Rule #15 quite simple and clear. The ballot box and the jury box are on the table. The gun box is not. End of story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.