• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yes, "Trump Anxiety Disorder" is Real

since9

Campaign Veteran
Report: US Therapists See Increase in Patients With 'Trump Anxiety Disorder.' A 'symptom' is feeling as though the world is going to end.

The reason it's a disorder is because although patients' feelings are real, the basis behind their anxiety is not. Rather, it's similar to other anxiety disorders, in that they imagine a world that is either distorted and sometimes altogether false i.e. not real.

Coming back to grips with reality can be a long, slow process, but one step in the right direction is to stop listening to liberal news.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Report: US Therapists See Increase in Patients With 'Trump Anxiety Disorder.' A 'symptom' is feeling as though the world is going to end.

The reason it's a disorder is because although patients' feelings are real, the basis behind their anxiety is not. Rather, it's similar to other anxiety disorders, in that they imagine a world that is either distorted and sometimes altogether false i.e. not real.

Coming back to grips with reality can be a long, slow process, but one step in the right direction is to stop listening to liberal news.

Agenda driven, much like fake news.

Truth is an uncommon commodity.

solus

Are you just plain stuck in some place where your reality has escaped your grasp?

article quote:
A report from CBC News in Canada says that since President Trump was elected, mental health professionals in the United States have seen an increase in patients whose stress has come from politics.
Unquote

so you post that the canuks are saying what this county’s MHPs are treating and truly have the audacity to lend credence to this foreign BS newspeek about a disorder which is a complete fabrication except apparently in the canuks and your mind!

yes, i truly see why you state the road to reality is a long slow process as you must be speaking from personal and first hand experience and reality is apparently still alluding your grasp.

PS; the source is a DC social worker who
[FONT=&quot] is a licensed independent clinical social worker...[/FONT]

Last edited:

OC for ME

In an online survey in February 2017, two-thirds of Americans — including most Democrats as well as most Republicans — said they were stressed about the future of the nation.
2017? Now that we have high 3+ national GDP I suspect that folks are not as worried about their future as they were 18 months ago.

How about this...liberals are working to get as many folks on the shrink roles as possible so as to have the state revoke their 2A right..."red flag laws" will be used to disarm Americans.

Elisabeth LaMotte: https://dccounselingcenter.com/about

Jennifer Panning: https://www.evanstonpsychologists.com/our-therapists/dr-jennifer-panning/

John Hawkins: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/john-hawkins-columbus-ms/101050

Kevon Owen: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/kevon-owen-jones-ok/327696

Alison Howard: https://www.alisonhoward.com/

Bush-league-psychout-stuff...shrinks are not to be trusted...worse than politicians...especially liberal politicians. Anyone who gives any credence to the ruminations of a shrink deserves to have their 2A right revoked. Unaccountable they are...they have it better than a cop.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
2017? Now that we have high 3+ national GDP I suspect that folks are not as worried about their future as they were 18 months ago.

How about this...liberals are working to get as many folks on the shrink roles as possible so as to have the state revoke their 2A right..."red flag laws" will be used to disarm Americans.

Elisabeth LaMotte: https://dccounselingcenter.com/about

Jennifer Panning: https://www.evanstonpsychologists.com/our-therapists/dr-jennifer-panning/

John Hawkins: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/john-hawkins-columbus-ms/101050

Kevon Owen: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/kevon-owen-jones-ok/327696

Alison Howard: https://www.alisonhoward.com/

Bush-league-psychout-stuff...shrinks are not to be trusted...worse than politicians...especially liberal politicians. Anyone who gives any credence to the ruminations of a shrink deserves to have their 2A right revoked. Unaccountable they are...they have it better than a cop.

Unaccountable? Even when they release privileged information?

OC for ME

Unaccountable? Even when they release privileged information?
Yepper...just like a cop. Worse in fact, you have some kind of psychosis/persecution based paranoia complex...see, prove to a judge that the "doctor" is wrong.

That shrink from Colorado stated it...our only recourse when a shrink screws up is to appeal to a group of other shrinks (sound familiar...judges) for a redress.

What shrink has ever been tossed in the clink for a "good faith" "miss diagnosis?" How often does this happen, if it has ever happened. Shrinks are more dangerous than a rouge anti-2A judge. Somebody has to get you before a judge...like a shrink calling and providing a "diagnosis" that you might pose a danger to yourself or to others...RED FLAG!!!

solus

Yepper...just like a cop. Worse in fact, you have some kind of psychosis/persecution based paranoia complex...see, prove to a judge that the "doctor" is wrong.

That shrink from Colorado stated it...our only recourse when a shrink screws up is to appeal to a group of other shrinks (sound familiar...judges) for a redress.

What shrink has ever been tossed in the clink for a "good faith" "miss diagnosis?" How often does this happen, if it has ever happened. Shrinks are more dangerous than a rouge anti-2A judge. Somebody has to get you before a judge...like a shrink calling and providing a "diagnosis" that you might pose a danger to yourself or to others...RED FLAG!!!

Alas, is there any type of context whatsoever to your, ‘That shrink from Colorado stated ‘IT’...’sentence?

As for MH professionals being incarcerated or disciplined...happens all the time but it at the state level as they are the entity who establishes licensure criteria so is therefore responsible for upholding the state’s statutory standards.

Since you mentioned Colorado, several years ago the MHP did appropriately notified her employer about her client’s diagnosis but due to their internal policies the employer did not notify the local constabulary, and shortly thereafter the client opened up the back door to the Aurora movie theater and when on a shooting rampage.

Oh wait, the exact same situation transpired with the shooter in the VA Tech rampage.

Oh dear, the same can be said about Lanza of Sandy Hook fame; oh do not forget the debacle of the recent parkland shooter Cruz; oh darn also have the Texas church shooter - USAF failed to notify the FBI.

MHP diagnosed and reported as mandated by state standards and LE and community failed to appropriately understand and respond... yet you still believe the MHP is at fault?

OC for ME

Alas, is there any type of context whatsoever to your, ‘That shrink from Colorado stated ‘IT’...’sentence? ...
Here ya go. http://vb.opencarry.org/forums/show...erapists%92-Power-to-Prevent-School-Shootings

None of those incidents are relevant to my point, let alone what I posted. This might just be an appeal to emotion.

You state that "As for MH professionals being incarcerated or disciplined...happens all the time but it at the state level...", put up your cites where a shrink was tossed int the hoosegow for a wrong/malicious "diagnosis." In other words, where a shrink was held criminally liable for wrongly (intentionally or innocently) "red flagging" a citizen. The shrink from Colorado could not be more clear on this point, even under CO statutes...a shrink will not be held liable, civilly in most cases and certainly not criminally in any case.

My google-fu is weak, perhaps yours is strong. Then again, a extremely rare outlier or two would not be any confirmation that a shrink, a family member, or a concerned citizen, instigating a ERPO (red flag tossed) wrongly would, or could, be held criminally liable in any state.

Extreme Risk Protection Orders: The Greatest Threat to American Gun Rights? http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...n-orders-greatest-threat-american-gun-rights/

The only example I could find in a brief, very brief, google search: Seattle Police Department manual: 15.405 - Extreme Risk Protection Order (ERPO) https://www.seattle.gov/police-manu.../15405---extreme-risk-protection-order-(erpo)

Colorado Revised Statute 13-21-117 https://www.naswco.org/page/DutytoWarn

The above was amended in 2014, the Colorado thread was discussion was in 2016.

How does this all relate to the op? See my first post in this thread. Shrinks (social workers?) can rat you out to a cop and then there goes your gun rights for however long a a judge says the law allows.

solus

Here ya go. http://vb.opencarry.org/forums/show...erapists%92-Power-to-Prevent-School-Shootings

None of those incidents are relevant to my point, let alone what I posted. This might just be an appeal to emotion.

You state that "As for MH professionals being incarcerated or disciplined...happens all the time but it at the state level...", put up your cites where a shrink was tossed int the hoosegow for a wrong/malicious "diagnosis." In other words, where a shrink was held criminally liable for wrongly (intentionally or innocently) "red flagging" a citizen. The shrink from Colorado could not be more clear on this point, even under CO statutes...a shrink will not be held liable, civilly in most cases and certainly not criminally in any case. Snipp...

From your cite from the mar 2016 OCDO cite...
DENVER—In a state that has been battered by mass shootings, Colorado lawmakers are trying a new, focused approach to stopping bloodshed in schools.
A proposed bill would broaden the circumstances under which mental-health professionals can report a student that they believe poses a threat, an issue that has drawn increasing attention around the country. Colorado law requires mental-health workers to alert authorities if a patient expresses a specific, imminent threat, and mandates that they warn those being threatened. Unquote

My question still stands what shrink from CO? Further, the article you reference is legislative repercussions from the 2012 Aurora movie rampage which I succiently mentioned in my post on this thread which you unequivocally state does not have any relevance to your point whatsoever.

Further, your transition from your inital thread commentary regarding a 2016 OP-ED newspeek nonsense to your last rant about EPROs and continued tirade(s) against MHPs being the cause of your perceived grief they are the bad guys is truly astonishing at best.

ipse

PS: CO list of all psychologists, far right lists a myriad of discipline actions against licensed MHPs.
https://apps.colorado.gov/dora/licensing/Lookup/FileDownload.aspx?Idnt=1441791&Type=Excel

arrested: https://www.bing.com/search?q=co+ps...-25&sk=&cvid=6F64FAFE625C4FA698F0DFADA1998B2A

Last edited:

OC for ME

From your cite from the mar 2016 OCDO cite...
DENVER—In a state that has been battered by mass shootings, Colorado lawmakers are trying a new, focused approach to stopping bloodshed in schools.
A proposed bill would broaden the circumstances under which mental-health professionals can report a student that they believe poses a threat, an issue that has drawn increasing attention around the country. Colorado law requires mental-health workers to alert authorities if a patient expresses a specific, imminent threat, and mandates that they warn those being threatened. Unquote
Like I stated in the 2016 thread, and the CO shrink confirmed, all he likely needs to do is fill out a form, affix his signature and there ya go, rights violated. Would a citizen, involuntarily committed, be released immediately after arrival at a "facility" if he were to invoke his 4A, 5A and to also refuse treatment? Would a cop say...well there ya go, we gotta let the fella go and to give his gun back? I think not.

In the linked OCDO thread.
My question still stands what shrink from CO? ...
Okay, I am one of these "shrinks" that you're talking about. Specifically, I am a licensed mental health professional with the authority to place someone on the 72 hour hold. - eBratt, 03-08-2016, 11:23 AM, Post #7
Further, your transition from your inital[sic] thread commentary regarding a 2016 OP-ED newspeek nonsense to your last rant about EPROs and continued tirade(s) against MHPs being the cause of your perceived grief they are the bad guys is truly astonishing at best.

ipse
You have a point there. Going off on a tangent, ERPOs, is not really relevant to the op other than me stretching it to social workers enjoying immunity if there is a good faith claim made to shield them from a malicious act.

When social workers indicate a rise in "mental health issues", "TAD" for example, then our 2A right, and likely other civil liberties, are under assault by the state in my view. While the probable victims of a malicious shrink/social worker are likely liberals, because they don't like Trump, they retain all of their civil liberties no matter how hard they work to infringe upon ours.

solus

OC for me, et al., since a 1976 issue manifested in CA, Tarasoff’s ‘Duty to Warn’ statute has been in place as explained here http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/mental-health-professionals-duty-to-warn.aspx

Duty to warn is the bane of MHP and as written doesn’t work as intended.

As for 3-day holds, this is a privilage granted certain MHPs, by licensure status, by some state’s statutory requirement when an individual who ‘already’ has a mental health who status is deteriorating where a MHP feels the individual is a danger to themselves or others or has become gravely ill. At this point the individual is transported to a medical facility for an immediate evaluation by medical personnel and held for 3 days as necessary.

Neither has anything to do with the new fangled ERPOs the legislative antis are pushing which are grant the powers to untrained LE operatives.

A point...’normally’ social workers [clinical yes] do not have 3 day privilage unless it is granted due to association with their employer.

PS: OH, that CO MHP...tks:banana:

Last edited:

HP995

It doesn't help that so many people are often confusing between Trump Anxiety Disorder and Trump Derangement Syndrome. Both real and requiring help, but very different! Many incompetent and crazy "journalists" employed by the failing FAKE NEWS MEDIA display all the symptoms but are totally in denial. Sad!

since9

Campaign Veteran
It doesn't help that so many people are often confusing between Trump Anxiety Disorder and Trump Derangement Syndrome. Both real and requiring help, but very different! Many incompetent and crazy "journalists" employed by the failing FAKE NEWS MEDIA display all the symptoms but are totally in denial. Sad!

Hmm...

"Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a term used by its adherents to describe a reaction to United States President Donald Trump by liberals, progressives, and Never Trump conservatives, who are said to respond to Trump's statements and political actions irrationally, with little regard to Trump's actual position or action taken." (Wikipedia)

"A prevalent "symptom" of the "disorder" is feeling as though the world is going to end. Elisabeth LaMotte, founder of the D.C. Counseling and Psychotherapy Center in Washington, D.C., said that some of her patients feel "on edge" about Trump's decisions. "It's very disorienting and constantly unsettling," LaMotte said."

I see a lot more overlap than I do discrepancy.

solus

HP995, et al., pure and utter BS GARBAGE & newspeek nonsense.

solus

snipppp....

The owner of the psycho-therapeutic establishment, Ms LaMotte, a social worker, is like an owner and masseuse of massage establishment - always promoting a ‘happy ending’ for her client(s).

She unequivocally knows no such disorder nor ICD code exists whatsoever and if she billed her clinical clients insurance for such malady, would lose her accreditation within the insurance industry.

However, like Heidi, Ms LaMotte’s claim to fame is running out quickly.

This propensity of citizen’s perspective of mass hysteria & impending doom has been characterized in fiction, read newspeek media, for at least 2 centuries under the good names of Henny Penny, Cocky-Locky, or Chicken Little, raising hysyeria over actions of the King, Ruler, Obama, or in today’s newspeek - Trump!

Last edited:

OC for ME

Shrinks trying to explain liberalism without using the term liberal. Simplicity itself...liberals are deranged because they are liberals.

solus

Some would ask if you prefer the alternative.

Dog gone it grape...just when my sleep nightmares were waning you go and show ‘her’ image to trigger & exacerbate my PTSD symptoms once again ~ now where did I leave my reserve supply of psychotropic meds...never mind found the ‘crown’...life as I know it is good!