• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Experts say gun violence is public health crisis (Here we go..... it's coming)

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Rally the troops boys & girls because believe me, it's gonna get ugly. If you don't talk to the representatives and these folks get a foothold they won't take an inch, they will go for the entire farm.... I left Washington State over this crap and I be damned if I'm going to just let them get a foothold here.....

Under the guise of safety they will try to eliminate the "Gun Show loophole" that we know doesn't exist, then mandatory lock boxes with other crap thrown in, mag restrictions, gun restrictions, registration. I fought a good fight out there but folks just didn't vote and the anti's slid it all in.... YOU GOTTA VOTE !!

https://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/local-news/experts-say-violence-is-public-health-crisis/1311671790

[FONT=&quot]Experts have reportedly told Kentucky lawmakers that gun violence needs to be addressed as a public health crisis.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot].....you can read the article or watch the video at the link.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

gutshot II

Rally the troops boys & girls because believe me, it's gonna get ugly. If you don't talk to the representatives and these folks get a foothold they won't take an inch, they will go for the entire farm.... I left Washington State over this crap and I be damned if I'm going to just let them get a foothold here.....

Under the guise of safety they will try to eliminate the "Gun Show loophole" that we know doesn't exist, then mandatory lock boxes with other crap thrown in, mag restrictions, gun restrictions, registration. I fought a good fight out there but folks just didn't vote and the anti's slid it all in.... YOU GOTTA VOTE !!

https://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/local-news/experts-say-violence-is-public-health-crisis/1311671790

[FONT=&quot]Experts have reportedly told Kentucky lawmakers that gun violence needs to be addressed as a public health crisis.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot].....you can read the article or watch the video at the link.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Just voting is not enough. We must all contact our legislators and tell them we will not stand for any new restrictions on our gun rights. If anything, we want less restrictive gun laws. We want constitutional carry. We want an end to Gun Free Zones on public property, including public colleges and universities.

HP995

Unfortunately some big medical orgs including AMA are pushing stuff like this.

AMA push:

— bans ... people under 21.
... registration of all firearms.
... court-ordered removal of guns from the home.
... eliminate loopholes
...banning assault weapons

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation...to-fight-what-it-calls-a-public-health-crisis

AMA president:

We called for renewing and strengthening the assault weapons ban, including banning high-capacity magazines

https://wire.ama-assn.org/ama-news/action-address-gun-violence-long-overdue

We need to push back. Bad doctors can be very dangerous people. We should not only defeat this treating guns like disease nonsense, but then hit the ball back into their court with a call for tougher actions against those who make repeated misdiagnoses etc. Then again it would be nice for some of the real pro-gun doctors (and competent doctors) to have their voices heard.

solus

Bill, how well did your efforts work in the Evergreen state, say 2013 > 2015 by saying the same ‘sky was falling’ mantra and ‘we need to do something’ about the Washingtoian citizen’s generated initiative(s), oh wait didn’t they all pass?

It is fasinating to watch as the mantra goes up ‘we gotta do something’ yet those who raise the alarm continually fail to provide any recommendation or contact info on who to ping as a legislative firearm advocate or to whom to send monies/volunteer to the KY ‘grassroots’ advocacy special interest group who has successfully legislative lobbing influence for readers and members alike to contact to express a citizen’s position on the subject.

As previously mentioned, NC’s grassroots is special, in that they only provide for ‘the sane and sober lawbiding concealed citizen’ interest while following the path decided by mgmt made in secret and kept from the membership, cuz it is secret.

Dontcha wish mom’s against everything or the APA were as disorganized, the Pro firearm advocates & citizens might stand an even chance then.

Last edited:

calnus

They are going to sell people on this being "Common Sense", what we need to do is get people to realize there isn't anything "Common Sense" about it. I am banned from Facebook so I cannot do this anymore but....

The most effective way to convince people is through memes. A picture is worth a 1000 words but better because nobody is going to read your 1000 word explanation of why Pop Culture got this wrong