• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

shot and killed in chicago

solus

USA Today, quote:
Police said in a statement that officers on foot tried to question a man “exhibiting characteristics of an armed person" – in this case a bulge in the man's waistband they suspected was a weapon. The man pushed the officers away and was shot when he appeared to reach for his weapon as he fled, Waller said. unquote.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...o-indicates-man-shot-officer-armed/786459002/

Nobody has said what precipitated the initial LE contact.

CPD Chief released the cam footage showing the man was armed w/at least one mag holder on his belt as well as showing the young man in the street having drew his firearm as officer's unloaded on him as they feared for their lives.

Sorry hammer, missed an item you asked about, but according to the article he had a permit to own a firearm but did not have a license to carry concealed.

Last edited:

hammer6

USA Today, quote:
Police said in a statement that officers on foot tried to question a man “exhibiting characteristics of an armed person" – in this case a bulge in the man's waistband they suspected was a weapon. The man pushed the officers away and was shot when he appeared to reach for his weapon as he fled, Waller said. unquote.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...o-indicates-man-shot-officer-armed/786459002/

Nobody has said what precipitated the initial LE contact.

CPD Chief released the cam footage showing the man was armed w/at least one mag holder on his belt as well as showing the young man in the street having drew his firearm as officer's unloaded on him as they feared for their lives.

Sorry hammer, missed an item you asked about, but according to the article he had a permit to own a firearm but did not have a license to carry concealed.

so because he didn't have a permission slip in a free country, he lost his life?

The Truth

Seems to me he lost his life because he reached for his pistol while running away during what appears to be a lawful detainment.

Ain't saying I agree with the laws there, but they are what they are.

WalkingWolf

Reaching for a gun while being interviewed by police is not the brightest decision, but one he will never make again.

Marco

Seems to me he lost his life because he reached for his pistol while running away during what appears to be a lawful detainment.
Ain't saying I agree with the laws there, but they are what they are.

THIS^^

[video=youtube;xyMl2L7vfeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyMl2L7vfeo[/video]

since9

Campaign Veteran
Looks like "stop and frisk" lead to the murder of an innocent man.

Does anyone here remember this oldie, but goodie?

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, SHALL NOT BE VIOLATED.​

From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary entry for effects:

effects plural: movable property: goods i.e. personal effects

Firearms carried on our persons are effects. Stop and frisk laws VIOLATE the Fourth Amendment as follows:

no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.​

Did you see a Warrant? I didn't. I didn't see probable cause, either, as that's what's given to a judge in order to obtain a warrant.

On the street, probably cause must involve reasonable articulable suspicion (RAS) that a crime is being committed. For example, crack is illegal. Spotting a back of crack sticking out of someone's pocket would meet RAS for a stop. But since carrying a firearm with a permit is legal, police cannot legally stop people merely because they might not have a permit. That's akin to stopping a line of cars because someone might be driving without a license, registration, or insurance. Their only suspicion that a crime might be in progress is that they see people driving cars, which is a lawful activity (with a permit). Carrying a concealed weapon is a lawful activity (with a permit).

The only reason the law still exists in places like Chicago and New York is because of the heavyweight THUGS in power who refuse to follow the Constitution and who instead continue to do everything they can to trample on people's Constitutional rights.

And yet, the guy's only initial crime is exercising his Constitutional RIGHT without the proper documentation. Obviously, his subsequent actions exacerbated his problems greatly. That doesn't negate the fact that "stop and frisk" laws are diametrically opposed to the entire intent of the Fourth Amendment which was to guard American citizens from overbearing governmental intrusion at federal, state, county, and local levels.

THE COPS SHOULD HAVE LEFT HIM ALONE.

Last edited:

solus

Looks like "stop and frisk" snipppp....

Alas, your kind attention is directed towards TERRY as discussed in the Yale Law review here:

https://www.yalelawjournal.org/note/an-offense-severity-model-for-stop-and-frisks

quite an interesting read.

Since I didn’t see the entire released video [nor did you] we do not know what transpired prior to the opening view of the LEs trying to arrest the suspect.

Further please watch the video again and notice the part the suspect is alluding arrest from ‘several LEs’ but please keep watching and you will watch the suspect turn with his shirt up and reach for his firearm.

Tis unfortunate some fail to recognize their effort to allude arrest when surrounded by LEs is fruitless, as well as fail to understand and recognize the time to discuss the legality of why the LEs are surrounding you to arrest you is best discussed in front of a judge with legal counsel at your side doing the talking for you!