• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trip in a small 2 seat sport car.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Taking a trip in a small 2 seat sport car like an MG can be challenging.

First you give up having a passenger with you. You will need his/her seat as space for your equipment. The small boot and trunk rack won't be big enough in most instances. Leaving the vehicle unattended is problematic as anything stored in other than the boot is an open invitation to theft.

Travel light if you chose this means.

WalkingWolf

Luggage rack trunks can be bolted directly to the rear luggage rack, they are hard trunks that secure with a key. I used one mounted on a trailer that I pulled behind my FXR, as well as a smaller one mounted over the rear fender. Motorcycle or sport car travel means traveling light, and usually at most two people. Motorcycle trips can be anything from rally's to romantic weekend rides, though now older it is just short rides. Never owned an MG, but we almost bought a Miata we were too slow though.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Drove a Miata for a number of years. I flipped it avoiding a ground hog. I did walk away. They are un-drivable in snow. Wife would not let me buy a new one. My wife would not ride in it. Gosh, I miss that car.

blahpony

I have a 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder. There is a frunk (front trunk) and a cubby behind the seats. There is no trunk as the engine is in the back. I have fitted luggage for the cubby hole. I can easily pack for a week and a half. I do also have a practical car for when I need to carry more stuff.

A 2016 Miata. It has a trunk. I did have to get a smaller rifle bag to be able to fit...errr...rifles in it.

I generally don't have to leave anything in the passenger area in the Miata. In the Spyder, I use the passenger area, but mostly for groceries and such. I've had no issues with the 12.5 years I've been driving them, well the Spyder anyway. The Miata is only a couple of years old.