• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Way back machine - remembering

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Remembering a simpler, more carefree time before television and electronic gadgets.

We had radio and our imagination. We played hard and took care of each other. We knew everybody in our school. Boys generally had a BB gun by age 6.

No one locked their doors and you knew to be home before dark. Neighbors could and would punish you if you broke the rules. Then you had to go home and get it all over again. Being called by both your first and middle name portended something unpleasant could be next.

I had a wonderful childhood. Yours?

Last edited: