• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An opinion on immigration

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have been silent on the matter of illegal immigration too long.

If you do not want to be separated from your children, do not bring them with you when you attempt to enter my country illegally. One - it is not fair to them. They have no say in the issue, yet will be made to suffer from your action.

Entering my country illegally makes you a criminal - you have broken our law(s). I will conclude that having done so in this instance that you will continue to act outside the law. It is not my desire to have more crimes/criminals but to have less.

Enter legally or not at all. I want good responsible people who act within the law, not the other kind.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Well said. I'm going to go one further by saying there are no such things as illegal immigrants. There are only immigrants and illegal aliens.

Last edited:

richbuff

The people who are overly concerned about how our laws are enforced should go over there and break their laws. Then they will have something to be really concerned with.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The people who are overly concerned about how our laws are enforced should go over there and break their laws. Then they will have something to be really concerned with.
What are you trying to say? That makes no sense.

WalkingWolf

Citizens don't have to even go over there~~for most people in the US get caught breaking the law, go to jail, separated from their children. Just wondering when criminals try to get out of prison because they are separated from their children..

CJ4wd

If you do not want to be separated from your children, do not bring them with you when you attempt to enter my country illegally. One - it is not fair to them. They have no say in the issue, yet will be made to suffer from your action.
Entering my country illegally makes you a criminal - you have broken our law(s). I will conclude that having done so in this instance that you will continue to act outside the law. It is not my desire to have more crimes/criminals but to have less.
Enter legally or not at all. I want good responsible people who act within the law, not the other kind.

Well said. I'm going to go one further by saying there are no such things as illegal immigrants. There are only immigrants and illegal aliens.

:monkey:banana::monkey:banana: Agreed !!
We need a GIF with clapping hands.

Last edited:

357SigFan

Citizens don't have to even go over there~~for most people in the US get caught breaking the law, go to jail, separated from their children. Just wondering when criminals try to get out of prison because they are separated from their children..

I think the point is if one of us were to cross over into Mexico illegally, suffice to say they would be NO WHERE NEAR as nice to us as we are to their citizens crossing into the US illegally.

WalkingWolf

I think the point is if one of us were to cross over into Mexico illegally, suffice to say they would be NO WHERE NEAR as nice to us as we are to their citizens crossing into the US illegally.

I understand that~~but our activist courts have no power in Mexico, they do in the US. I know criminals are dumb, for the most part, but at some point a light is going to on in their head.

HP995

Laws in this country are not enforced objectively. They are used very creatively as excuses to target unfavored groups (hint: that probably includes you) and often ignored or forgiven when committed by favored groups (hint: includes illegal immigrants).

Crossing the border illegally is only the first crime of many, and by many people. People in our government then illegally keep them here, make sure they live better than you do at your expense, look the other way at (or aid in?) identity theft, protect them from removal, and so on. And not just in sanctuary cities. Wherever you live, it happens. How many laws broken per alien? By and on behalf of each alien? Look around and you may be surprised.

That's huge, but still the tip of the iceberg. Other favored groups get a break too. Subjective treatment. It's the demographic or ideology and not the behavior that matters. Favored groups can do everything from litter and ignore driving laws to murder and rape, and they usually get sympathetic treatment.

Since the government itself breaks the law as well as subjectively enforcing it, we are not actually living under the rule of law. To be fair, it's not only liberals - they are the most subjective and lawless by far, but I know a lot of conservatives who can't be objective either.

I love what Trump says on immigration, but he needs to act. If I had the authority, all known illegal aliens (regardless of current status) would be on their way back across the border by any means (bus, car, train, foot) as fast as they could be rounded up. Right now ICE passes by dozens of known illegals (aka "communities") for every especially dangerous one they pursue.

OC for ME

I suspect that many children are not related to the adult they are detained with. Photos used by the media are from O'Bummer's administration. Fake news...faux outrage...nothing but anti-Trumpers.

Catch in USA, release in Venezuela.