• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good news for the SCOTUS

JTHunter2

By now, most of you should have heard that SC Justice Anthony Kennedy will step down on July 31, 2018. He was a Reagan appointee and has served for 31 years and is second in age only to RBG (she's 85). Despite being a Republican, Kennedy has voted FOR affirmative action, abortion, gay marriage, etc. The hopes are for a more "conservative" conservative.

We'll see.
:uhoh:

F350

President Trump has a list of 25 names vetted and provided by The Federalist Society, from which Justice Gorsuch was picked. I saw the head of TFS on Chris Waiiace's Sunday show, he said you could throw a dart at the list and whoever it landed on would be a solid constitutionalist. President Trump has vowed his next pick WILL come from that list.

Don't forget Kennedy was nominated after Robert Bork was "Borked" or character assassinated and blocked because he was a strict constitutionalist and president Reagan had to find someone that could get past a Dem-o-crap filibuster; so we got Kennedy as a poor second choice. How different the legal climate of the US would have been today if Robert Bork had made it to the bench. Now we should have the court we should have had in 1987; then when Ruth Buzi assumes room temperature the Republic will be secure for a generation or two.

Last edited:

HP995

Have to say that I like what Trump has been doing (and saying) in several areas. He seems to understand trade, economy, industry, military, taxes, and border very well, if he would/could just do what he says and not compromise so fast. He understands the way these areas are connected, we can't have a strong defense without strong economy and industry, we can't have a good economy without fair trade and taxes. I like that. It's starting to pay off.

But I wish he had the same grasp of the Second Amendment. I think he cares about preserving it, he definitely understands it's good to have bullets flying back at mass shooters, but still doesn't "get" the whole picture. The big cave this year on gun control was damaging, because you really can't give progressives an inch or a millimeter, there's no appeasing them. That was very dangerous. But it looks like he was partly following an NRA strategy, and they should have been much better advisers. His attention to the courts and other areas should help us, so I'm becoming optimistic that Trump will turn out okay on guns if he got the message last time and doesn't cave again.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
[h=3]"Trump pledges July 9 announcement on Supreme Court nominee"[/h]"MORRISTOWN, N.J. (AP) - Powering forward with a decision that could reshape the Supreme Court for decades, President Donald Trump said Friday he will announce his choice to succeed retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy on July 9. He added that two women are among his top candidates for the job."

since9

Campaign Veteran
During Barrett's hearing, U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein questioned Barrett about whether her Catholic faith would influence her decision-making on the court. Feinstein, concerned about whether Barrett would uphold Roe v. Wade given her Catholic beliefs, stated "the dogma lives loudly within you, and that's a concern". Feinstein's line of questioning was criticized by some observers and legal experts while defended by others.

During her hearing, Barrett said: "It's never appropriate for a judge to impose that judge's personal convictions, whether they arise from faith or anywhere else, on the law."

As for her credentials, they're widely available. Sparse on experience, but perhaps that's a good thing. She's certainly smart as a whip, though: Barrett graduated from St. Mary's Dominican High School in New Orleans in 1990.[4] In 1994, Barrett graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English literature from Rhodes College, where she was a Phi Beta Kappa member. In 1997, she graduated from the Notre Dame Law School with a Juris Doctor, where she was executive editor of the Notre Dame Law Review.

I actually like the fact that she's in her mid-40s. Longevity.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...During her hearing, Barrett said: "It's never appropriate for a judge to impose that judge's personal convictions, whether they arise from faith or anywhere else, on the law."...

How cool would it have been if she'd snuck in the phrase "or senator" in the middle of that?

F350

She should take a line from JFK (may not be exact, from memory) and change to fit

If confirmed I will be a Supreme Court Justice who happens to be Catholic; not a Catholic who happens to be a Supreme Court Justice.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
She should take a line from JFK (may be exact, from memory) and change to fit

If confirmed I will be a Supreme Court Justice who happens to be Catholic; not a Catholic who happens to be a Supreme Court Justice.

To more conform with this forum:
Contrary to my detractors, if confirmed I will be a supporter of conceal carry who happens to be a person who open carries; not an open carrier who happens to support conceal carry.

user

Accomplished Advocate
She should take a line from JFK (may not be exact, from memory) and change to fit

I am of the opinion that Rome is the main force behind the movement to disarm the American populace. They learned their lesson during the war called the "Counter-Reformation": the German nobles armed their peasants and fought back, which is why Germany today is mainly Lutheran, while Austria is mainly Catholic. Keep in mind that the religion called "Catholicism" is only a part of the Vatican's operations as a sovereign state which maintains its struggle for imperial domination.

Keep in mind, also, that the Roman Empire never "fell" - it was merely transformed, and is alive and well today. The present nominee is apparently proud of his Jesuit training, which makes sense, because they're a bunch of the smartest guys in the world. But the Jesuits are to Catholicism as the IRA is to Sinn Fein, and this nominee will cement the Catholic majority on the Court (six out of nine).

I would also point out that the states that have the most severe laws against personal defense are also those states with the largest Catholic populations - Maryland, Massachussetts, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, California, and Hawaii. Interesting, too, that these states have some of the highest cost of living indices.

And that Rome has been intent on exploiting the loophole created by an early misinterpretation of the language of the Fourteenth Amendment - "... all persons born or naturalized in the United States are citizens of the United States and of the state in which they reside." As a matter of law, a child's domicile is that of his parents (or either of them). That's an unrebuttable presumption. So a child born anywhere in the world to parents whose legal domicile is, say, El Salvador, is also domiciled in El Salvador. A child physically born in Chicago to illegal aliens from anywhere other than the U.S. is legally "born" in its home state, whether that's Ireland or Venezuala, not in the United States. That child thus is not and cannot be a citizen of the United States under the Fourteenth Amendment simply as a matter of its physical place of birth. But shortly after the Fourteenth Amendment was enacted, Rome saw its chance to take over the U.S. by an influx of "immigrants" which would someday achieve numerical superiority. People came here from Italy, Ireland, Portugal, Poland, and to a lesser extent, France and Spain. So they did two things: they invented the "melting pot" theory of assimilation, suggesting that it would be a good thing if what we consider traditionally American values and culture can be diluted to the point of insignificance, and assumed a deviant interpretation of "born in the United States", such that the illegal aliens' children would grow up to be voting Catholic citizens.

At this point, I say all this only as a historian and observer - Rome has already taken over and they're now just in the process of integration and consolidation. But keep in mind that Rome's view is that their law is the only real law and that the constitutions of nations are merely "municipal" law that can be ignored as their agenda may require. Gun control is coming and there really isn't a (lawful) thing we can do about it at this point. But this nominee is another step in that direction. Remember Scalia, the "conservative" who said that "sensitive locations" may require gun control regulations, far from "shall not be infringed", the majority opinion said that citizens' rights are "not absolute" and subject to "reasonable regulation".

They will persistently chip away at our Constitution until they get what they want, whether it takes six months or six decades. They mean to exploit our wealth and power as they did France, Italy, Portugal and Spain. None of these nations has ever recovered from having been bled dry ever since the Crusades against the Moslem and Jewish "infidels". We're next (e.g., Kennedy's attempt to retake Cuba; Kennedy's escalation of the war in VietNam, in which we were supporting the Catholic South against the Buddhist/Communist North; why we send all kinds of aid to Haiti - 80% Catholic - and ignore other areas hit by terrible natural disasters, and why we're soft on "refugees" from Central and South America and couldn't care less about the Rohingya).

Unfortunately, Rand Paul appears to be the only true conservative in Congress.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Keep in mind, also, that the Roman Empire never "fell" - it was merely transformed, and is alive and well today. The present nominee is apparently proud of his Jesuit training, which makes sense, because they're a bunch of the smartest guys in the world. But the Jesuits are to Catholicism as the IRA is to Sinn Fein, and this nominee will cement the Catholic majority on the Court (six out of nine).
And, my mother is rolling over in her grave. I only have one leg in the grave at this point.

2a4all

I am of the opinion that Rome is the main force behind the movement to disarm the American populace. They learned their lesson during the war called the "Counter-Reformation": the German nobles armed their peasants and fought back, which is why Germany today is mainly Lutheran, while Austria is mainly Catholic. Keep in mind that the religion called "Catholicism" is only a part of the Vatican's operations as a sovereign state which maintains its struggle for imperial domination.

I would also point out that the states that have the most severe laws against personal defense are also those states with the largest Catholic populations - Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, California, and Hawaii. Interesting, too, that these states have some of the highest cost of living indices.

And that Rome has been intent on exploiting the loophole created by an early misinterpretation of the language of the Fourteenth Amendment - "... all persons born or naturalized in the United States are citizens of the United States and of the state in which they reside." As a matter of law, a child's domicile is that of his parents (or either of them). That's an unrebuttable presumption. So a child born anywhere in the world to parents whose legal domicile is, say, El Salvador, is also domiciled in El Salvador. A child physically born in Chicago to illegal aliens from anywhere other than the U.S. is legally "born" in its home state, whether that's Ireland or Venezuala, not in the United States. That child thus is not and cannot be a citizen of the United States under the Fourteenth Amendment simply as a matter of its physical place of birth. But shortly after the Fourteenth Amendment was enacted, Rome saw its chance to take over the U.S. by an influx of "immigrants" which would someday achieve numerical superiority. People came here from Italy, Ireland, Portugal, Poland, and to a lesser extent, France and Spain. So they did two things: they invented the "melting pot" theory of assimilation, suggesting that it would be a good thing if what we consider traditionally American values and culture can be diluted to the point of insignificance, and assumed a deviant interpretation of "born in the United States", such that the illegal aliens' children would grow up to be voting Catholic citizens.

At this point, I say all this only as a historian and observer - Rome has already taken over and they're now just in the process of integration and consolidation. But keep in mind that Rome's view is that their law is the only real law and that the constitutions of nations are merely "municipal" law that can be ignored as their agenda may require. Gun control is coming and there really isn't a (lawful) thing we can do about it at this point. But this nominee is another step in that direction. Remember Scalia, the "conservative" who said that "sensitive locations" may require gun control regulations, far from "shall not be infringed", the majority opinion said that citizens' rights are "not absolute" and subject to "reasonable regulation".

They will persistently chip away at our Constitution until they get what they want, whether it takes six months or six decades. They mean to exploit our wealth and power as they did France, Italy, Portugal and Spain. None of these nations has ever recovered from having been bled dry ever since the Crusades against the Moslem and Jewish "infidels". We're next (e.g., Kennedy's attempt to retake Cuba; Kennedy's escalation of the war in VietNam, in which we were supporting the Catholic South against the Buddhist/Communist North; why we send all kinds of aid to Haiti - 80% Catholic - and ignore other areas hit by terrible natural disasters, and why we're soft on "refugees" from Central and South America and couldn't care less about the Rohingya).

Unfortunately, Rand Paul appears to be the only true conservative in Congress.
Historian and observer? i can't remember when I've read more biased (bigoted?) crap.

OC for ME

Shooting the messenger?

Hopefully we gain new perspective and thereby knowledge.
The messenger made a choice to share this "Illuminati" conspiracy claptrap. It could be argued by some folks that George Soros is running this country and SCOTUS judges are all Free Masons.

Message or messenger.

...fake news?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The messenger made a choice to share this "Illuminati" conspiracy claptrap. It could be argued by some folks that George Soros is running this country and SCOTUS judges are all Free Masons.

Message or messenger.

...fake news?
A well regarded member posting an opinion is hardly "claptrap."

Not sure from where the "fake" news comment originates nor to where it points..

OC for ME

A well regarded member posting an opinion is hardly "claptrap."

Not sure from where the "fake" news comment originates nor to where it points..
clap·trap ˈklapˌtrap/ noun: absurd or nonsensical talk or ideas.
The well regarded member is not immune from being challenged when "voicing" his opinions. Allegations that Rome is the "man behind the curtain" is old news without any facts beyond religious affiliation of elected officials. If Mitt Romney wins the WH will it be Mormons taking the place of Rome behind the curtain.

Catholics being more prevalent in some states means that those states have more liberals...nothing more and nothing less. Liberals come in many stripes and worship as they see fit. Again, not new news. I again ask...fake news?

HP995

If Kavanaugh is confirmed, the Supreme Court will enter a new conservative era. Second Amendment supporters can expect the court hear more pro-Second Amendment cases, which could include striking down may-issue laws, constitutional carry, national reciprocity, and the most controversial of issues, the AR-15 ban.

Some current state laws that must be challenged include red flag laws (which completely circumvent the Second and Fourth Amendments), raising the age to purchase a firearm from 18 to 21 ... and may-issue.

- Second Amendment Institute

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...supreme-court-nomination-means-for-gun-rights

Initial reports suggest that Judge Kavanaugh deeply respects the Second Amendment, even though he was not the strongest of the finalists.

Nevertheless, Judge Kavanaugh filed a pro-gun dissent in Heller II, arguing that Washington, DC’s ban on semi-automatic firearms was arbitrary and unlawful.

In fact, his dissent was so well argued that GOA’s subsequent legal briefs have repeatedly held up his dissent as the model to follow.

- GOA

https://www.gunowners.org/gun-owner...trump-s-nomination-of-kavanaugh-to-scotus.htm

Mucho optimistico but I figure we needed some uplifting news.