• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Favorite gun cliché

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
One of mine: Don't shoot the messenger.

Can something new (not old or trite) ever be considered a cliché?

"https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clichéDefinition of cliché 1 : a trite phrase or expression; also : the idea expressed by it. 2 : a hackneyed theme, characterization, or situation. 3 : something (such as a menu item) that has become overly familiar or commonplace."
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cliché

richbuff

Gunning for a promotion. I don't have to worry about that, since I retired.

Jump the gun. Happiness is a warm gun. These two lines are in a Lennon song on the Beatles white album.

Shoot from the hip. I do that when I bang out a post.

Gunning the engine. Hopefully the driver of the car does not do that when I am jumping out of the car to run from police, because I am such a sweet kid.

Loaded for bear. That is the condition I am in when I am walking in my friends neighborhood that is located adjacent to National Forest.

I got my sights set on.... .... .... a fatty or sugary snack.

Go off half cocked. I do that when I am being compulsive and obsessive, both at the same time.

Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player. Elton John album.

Let him have it with both barrels. One of my favorite argument styles.

It's a longshot, but.... .... .... he may get elected, even though he is not an insider.

richbuff

I was invited to a golf tournament in Prescott. Saturday, September 1st, 2018 8:00am.

Guess what kind of start? Shotgun Start, of course. Will they hit the ball with a firearm, instead of a golf club?