• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sigh, we give ourselves our own bad publicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Synonyms of reckless:

audacious
brash
carefree
careless
daring
foolhardy
hasty
ill-advised
imprudent
negligent
thoughtless

Who would of thunk to consult a Thesaurus? Is this another teaching moment?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Synonyms of reckless:

audacious
brash
carefree
careless
daring
foolhardy
hasty
ill-advised
imprudent
negligent
thoughtless

Who would of thunk to consult a Thesaurus? Is this another teaching moment?

You are grossly misusing a Thesaurus. This is not a crossword puzzle.

Please tell me how the individual demonstrated indifference to consequences. I may have missed it and wish to understand the situation better.

WHO is the one saying the shorts pockets were "shallow and unsafe?" And WHEN was this realization determined?

The government bears the most reckless behavior as it clearly has an indifferent attitude despite its resources to know that basic firearms safety training in public schools would eliminate most firearms accidents within a generation; just like pool safety, stanger danger, fire safety, electrical safety, etc.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

Please tell me how the individual demonstrated indifference to consequences. I may have missed it and wish to understand the situation better.

WHO is the one saying the shorts pockets were "shallow and unsafe?" And WHEN was this realization determined?

The government bears the most reckless behavior as it clearly has an indifferent attitude despite its resources to know that basic firearms safety training in public schools would eliminate most firearms accidents within a generation; just like pool safety, stanger danger, fire safety, electrical safety, etc.
Are you serious? Accusing me of "grossly misusing a Thesaurus" when all I did was post the synonyms of the term of reckless is defamatory.

solus

The who saying is the 62yo perp per cite in post 22, https://www.indystar.com/story/news...ident-leads-felony-charge-customer/741324002/ quote:

Shortly after, Wright returned to the area and said he was the owner of the weapon. The gun was identified in court documents as a .380-caliber Kel-Tec P3AT.
Wright told police that he sat down on the couch because his back began hurting.
Wright said he got up off the couch to go find his family without realizing that he left the gun behind, according to court documents. He also told police that he was wearing shorts with pockets that were "shallow and unsafe."
The suspect told police that the gun likely fell out of his pocket as he crossed his legs while sitting on the couch. Unquote.

Fallschirjmäger

Are you serious? Accusing me of "grossly misusing a Thesaurus" when all I did was post the synonyms of the term of reckless is defamatory.
Kinda missing the point of MAC's post, aren't we Color of Law?
Perhaps you should address that instead of veering off into something inconsequential.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Kinda missing the point of MAC's post, aren't we Color of Law?
Perhaps you should address that instead of veering off into something inconsequential.
Not missing anything.

He was the one challenging the legal definitions and the thesaurus.

As to "indifference to consequences" was answered by solus. I have no control over people's ignore list. And, I'm not going to answer questions that were answered because of it.

Last edited:

gutshot II

You are grossly misusing a Thesaurus. ...snip...

You are 100% correct. A thesaurus should never be relied upon as a reference book and certainly should never be quoted. It should be allowed to remain on a bookshelf and collect dust, as was the publishers intentions. The same is true of dictionaries and all other such tedious and senseless publications that only serve to restrict the natural "evolution" of the language. The same is true for all rules of grammar, punctuation and capitalization. Never "misuse" them by using them correctly or suggesting that another do so.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Note that I also asked WHEN. It appears this is a realization after the fact, no? Or did he say something like: "I knew my pockets were unsafe but put the gun there anyway."?

As for the thesaurus, "ill-advised" was also a synonym. Synonyms are NOT directly interchangeable. This is why a thesaurus is a thesaurus and not a legal dictionary.

If this individual was "reckless," then he was merely "ill-advised?"

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

It was a lovely spring day when my girlfriend and I decided to have a c̶a̶r̶e̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ reckless picnic in the park, I a̶u̶d̶a̶c̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ recklessly asked her for a kiss and she replied I was being f̶o̶o̶l̶h̶a̶r̶d̶y̶ reckless. We set up a h̶a̶s̶t̶y̶ reckless blanket on the grass and in a d̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ reckless mood we decided to throw caution to the wind in an i̶l̶l̶-̶a̶d̶v̶i̶s̶e̶d̶ reckless attempt to go skinny-dipping. Unfortunately I was t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ reckless in where I secured our clothes and some kids stole them off a bush before tiptoeing off in a h̶a̶s̶t̶y̶ reckless retreat.

... since apparently all those words are synonymous with reckless they must all be interchangeable, no?

solus

It was a lovely spring day when my girlfriend and I decided to have a c̶a̶r̶e̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ reckless picnic in the park, I a̶u̶d̶a̶c̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ recklessly asked her for a kiss and she replied I was being f̶o̶o̶l̶h̶a̶r̶d̶y̶ reckless. We set up a h̶a̶s̶t̶y̶ reckless blanket on the grass and in a d̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ reckless mood we decided to throw caution to the wind in an i̶l̶l̶-̶a̶d̶v̶i̶s̶e̶d̶ reckless attempt to go skinny-dipping. Unfortunately I was t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ reckless in where I secured our clothes and some kids stole them off a bush before tiptoeing off in a h̶a̶s̶t̶y̶ reckless retreat.

... since apparently all those words are synonymous with reckless they must all be interchangeable, no?

And the above causes males to pay child support for the next 18 year.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Is this a discussion which is violating rules?
A legal definition was provided, but not accepted. So, we are at the point of
673.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.