• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Deputy accidentally fired his gun in NC bowling alley. The bullet injured a kid.

OC for ME

No charges filed because there is no statute in NC that addresses this situation? I searched and found none. So, if I were to do the same thing I too would not be charged in NC?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No charges filed because there is no statute in NC that addresses this situation? I searched and found none. So, if I were to do the same thing I too would not be charged in NC?
Don't bet the family farm on it.

We need qualified immunity for the masses.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Indiana has the same statute as NC, IKEA idiot charged. The difference was one is a LEO, one is not, has nothing to do a specific statute to cover a specific dumb act. Reckless is reckless, and reckless endangerment covers a whole lot of stupid.

There is only ONE reason he was not charged.