• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Duration of a Gun Attack is Always Dictated by the Arrival of a Second Gun

since9

Campaign Veteran
"In this non-news story, truth is revealed: One can SAVE lives by actually protecting people. The duration of a gun attack is always dictated by the arrival of a second gun." - Greg Gutfeld, The Gun Story Few Reported, Fox News Voices,May 17, 2018.

Article

"Greg Gutfeld said much of the mainstream media either did not report or did not give enough coverage to the story of a school resource officer preventing a potential mass shooting in Illinois this week. Officer Mark Dallas "charged" after a young gunman fired at him at Dixon High School in Illinois, officials said. They added that the officer shot and wounded the potential killer."

I have a good friend with whom I used to work anchoring the news (radio) back in college. She's clearly Democrat, and we've gone back and forth on the school shooting issue on Facebook, primarily by her displaying a nonsense left-wing, agenda-driven article and me responding either with salient commentary or a link to articles such as Greg Gutfeld's.

In the last two weeks, however, I noticed two things:

1. She's no longer posting nonsense, left-wing, agenda-driven articles.

2. She's scrubbed her Facebook page such that her earlier articles and my responses are missing.

I believe she's doing so for two reasons. The first is that salient, experience-based articles do not fit the liberal agenda. About three weeks ago, I asked her to consider stop thinking "agenda" and start thinking "solutions," for the same reason that corporations hire top talent not to implement a book solution but to implement a tailor-made solution.

Just as the world rarely suffers fools, it also rarely accommodates agendas. An agenda is a pat answer someone who has never been on the front lines thought up because it tickled his or her ears. It sounds good on paper, but it doesn't work in practice.

The liberal mantra, "we need to get rid of guns" is an agenda. Not only will it not stop violence, but the UK has proven beyond any doubt that disarming the general populace results in a tripling of violent crime. Since violent crime is roughly 100 times greater than murder due to handguns, disarmament will reduce handgun violence, but murder rates will actually increase for the simple fact that murder is usually the result of violent crime gone bad. You cannot disarm the public, tripling violent crime as has happened in the UK, without disastrous consequences.

UK's major malfunction is that it has been operating by agenda. The world -- reality -- has tossed their agenda back in their face, and instead of wising up and coming up with a real solution, the UK keeps applying more agenda.

Agendas do no work in the real world, people. As Greg Gutfeld very aptly stated, "The duration of a gun attack is always dictated by the arrival of a second gun." Or, as firearms enthusiasts have long observed (real world, again), "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

How-to-Stop-a-Mass-Shooting.jpg

Attachments

• How-to-Stop-a-Mass-Shooting.jpg
    How-to-Stop-a-Mass-Shooting.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

CJ4wd

Interesting article and comment.
For the most part, I think these shooters are basically cowards and avoid confrontations as their lack of self-confidence is insufficient. When they do such a despicable act, they continue until they are stopped or, with no escape possible, commit suicide.
So, as you say, "a good guy with a gun - - -".

Firearms Iinstuctor

Those of us that have trained for and instructed active shooter response have always known this.

Politics of management have not always meshed with life on the ground.

One has to remember the goal of the anti's is not stopping these type of shootings or other gun crimes.

They actual welcome them so they can push there agenda.

Their goal and agenda is disarming the American public.

Let me repeat that their goal is disarming the American public.

Facts do not matter to them they lie constancy.

Again remember they have one goal in mind disarming the American people.

Last edited: