• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KC3 has filed a lawsuit against the City of Pikeville.

gutshot II

This is the second time that our organization has sued Pikeville. The last time the officials at Pikeville refused to comply with the law after numerous phone calls and emails from the Board of KC3. Immediately after the suit was filed, they folded their hand, asked to settle and amended their ordinances and policies to comply with the law. They also paid all of our expenses. They could have avoided all of that had they just complied with the law a month earlier. It appears that taxpayer's money is spent very unwisely and loosely in Pikeville.

This time the problem centers around the East Ky. Expo Arena. The Expo is a 7,000 seat arena operated by the City of Pikeville. All weapons are prohibited in the Expo. The city has an ordinance that prohibits CONCEALED weapons in all buildings owned or operated by the City of Pikeville and that ordinance would apply to the Expo, but they are attempting to regulate open carry as well which they have no authority to do. There is also a policy for the rental of a Park Shelter that says that no one can carry a firearm in the park except a sworn police officer. The last issue is with Amos RV Park and an adjacent Fightfighting Training center where they say that firearms cannot be in any vehicle or carried by any person. None of this is legal and the city has refused to comply with the state law. I have had numerous phone conversations with the City Attorney, Russel Davis and aside from him calling me various nasty names and yelling insults I have accomplished very little. These are not pleasant people to deal with.