• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OK Carrier defends restaurant patrons

solus

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/us/oklahoma-city-shooting/index.html

An armed citizen gunned down a shooter at an Oklahoma City restaurant on Thursday, killing him, police said.

A man walked into Louie's Grill & Bar and opened fire, striking two people. As the gunman was fleeing the scene, a bystander armed with a pistol confronted the shooter and fatally shot him outside the restaurant, Oklahoma City Police Captain Bo Mathews told reporters.
"Right now, all I know is that it was just a good Samaritan that was there and looks like he took the right measures to be able to put an end to a terrible, terrible incident," Mathews said. unquote

1. I have not seen one iota regarding if the carrier was OC'g or CC'g.

2. Have seen talk on forums regarding how did the 'good' guy know the individual leaving was the 'bad' guy?

WalkingWolf

I was not there but I think they knew he was the bad guy because the bad guy was shooting into a restaurant through the windows/door.

solus

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article211927314.html

Tilghman's YouTube channel was still up on the platform. In several entries dated April 26 and 27, nearly a month before the shooting at Louie's, he made a series of pleas for help and said in his latest entry that he was "under hardcore demoninc attack."

He published 25 entries in that two-day span, many of which are focused on "demonic birds," ducks, squirrels, locusts, or parrots that he claims were laughing at him or harassing him.

In his last video entry, Tilghman pleads for anyone who is a "real person" to contact him.

Gerald Konkler with the Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training told the Associated Press that Tilghman held an active license as an armed security guard.

In other videos, Tilghman records his walks along the trails of Lake Hefner, saying in one that Satan is making cars louder than normal. Unquote

If true, yet another failure of society’s MH system!

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I was not there but I think they knew he was the bad guy because the bad guy was shooting into a restaurant through the windows/door.

Lol, yes, that's quite the giveaway!

Re. the national news, two men ran to their cars and retrieved their pistols from their trunks and then confronted the shooter.

This reminds me way too much of the Luby's restaurant massacre in Killeen, Texas. No one was carrying inside the restuarant because no one was "allowed" to carry. I checked Oklahoma's laws in several places, and the only restriction I could find was, "Individuals with handgun carry permits may not carry in an establishment whose primary purpose is the serving of alcoholic beverages."

Was this restaurant's primary purpose the serving of alcoholic beverages?

The source also stated, "Carry with permit is allowed in an establishment that serves alcoholic beverages, (such as a restaurant that serves alcoholic beverages) as long as that is not the primary purpose of said establishment."

So my question is: "Why weren't they carrying? Why did they have to go back to their cars to retrieve their firearms?"

The best firearm in the world is useless if it's not at your side when you need it the most.​

OC for ME

scooter348

Hmm...EPRO?..."red flag?"

You are responsible for your own safety and must never count on a cop being there. Heck, even if a cop were there you would likely be seen as a threat by the cop.

In today's society, everyone is seen as a threat by a cop. Doesn't matter if someone is OCing, CCing, or NCing. What's wrong with that?