• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lest we forget

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
All Gave Some - Some Gave All

"He enlisted in the U.S. Army Air Forces instead, and on March 11, 1944, the 21-year-old 2nd lieutenant was aboard a B-24 bomber with 10 others when it was struck by Japanese anti-aircraft fire and plunged into the Pacific Ocean."

"When the plane Kelly and his fellow crew members called Heaven Can Wait was found at the bottom of a bay off the coast of Papua New Guinea, a wave of exhilaration - albeit one mixed with grief - washed over his family, including many members too young to have ever met him."
http://www.nbc12.com/story/38263557/family-rejoices-at-finding-of-soldiers-world-war-ii-plane

• 1024x1024.jpg

https://www.army.mil/article/171400/the_story_of_the_century_lives_o

Last edited:

HP995

All Gave Some - Some Gave All

I like that. So true. Very many have given their all for us.

It is always good, even if "bittersweet", for a family to get closure

Yes, although I'm not a big fan of the word "closure." I feel connected with those who have passed on, no not psychic stuff, but just still seeing them as part of the picture. To those who gave all - or gave some - in military and in other ways - thank you! :)

solus

To those members who served ~ thanks and glad for your service to this country!

To those members who lost loved ones while serving ~ sorry for your loss!

Last edited: