• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NSSF expels Dick's Sporting Goods from their membership

solus

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industries, Board of Governors today unanimously voted to expel Dick’s Sporting Goods from membership for conduct detrimental to the best interests of the Foundation.

Dick’s Sporting Goods CEO Edward W. Stack announced earlier this year the retail chain would end sales of modern sporting rifles, voluntarily raise the age to 21 to purchase firearms in their stores and called for more restrictive legislation. Dick’s later announced they would destroy the remaining modern sporting rifle inventory.

https://www.nssf.org/nssf-expels-dicks-sporting-goods/

carracer

And it gets better! https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...oods-ramps-up-gun-control-push-hires-lobbyist

"Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc. is taking a step further to advocate for gun control, part of a rapid transition for the retailer that’s also a major vendor of firearms in the U.S.

The company has retained Glover Park Group to lobby congress on the matter, according to a disclosure form filed in late April. The move is unusual for a firm in the retail sector, where few brands tackle such a politically-charged issue for fear it will turn off customers."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
And it gets better! https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...oods-ramps-up-gun-control-push-hires-lobbyist

"Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc. is taking a step further to advocate for gun control, part of a rapid transition for the retailer that’s also a major vendor of firearms in the U.S.

The company has retained Glover Park Group to lobby congress on the matter, according to a disclosure form filed in late April. The move is unusual for a firm in the retail sector, where few brands tackle such a politically-charged issue for fear it will turn off customers."

Another good reason to eschew Dick's for any and everything.

Apparently my money is tainted. Will happily spend it where it is appreciated. My shopping cart will become D***less.

Last edited: