• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your best response to an anti

richbuff

I have some cute retorts that I save for the argumentative antis, but they are too cute to post on a public forum.

My best response for the usual anti is the truth.

My responses to anti open carry:

1. Because every tenth of a second matters, and clothing impedes a timely draw.

2. Because it is too big to conceal. "Why, then do you carry a bigger gun?" Because I probably won't get a CNS hit, and I want the power to deliver a convincing psychological stop. Such power is not available in marginal sidearms.

3. Because I have no secret to conceal, everybody knows that I carry, because my self defense case achieved local notoriety.

4. Because all advantages of concealed carry are merely psychological, and they are are minor compared to the more compelling advantages of open carry.

My response to anti-carry in general:

1. Because when I need to stop a threat immediately, I will be able to stop a threat immediately.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When I point out that what they fear is my "equipment' not the improper use of it.

Then - you do understand that your wife or gf is "equipped" to be a prostitute, but that doesn't make it so. It is how one chooses to use their "equipment" that counts.

Last edited:

rogue66

4. Because all advantages of concealed carry are merely psychological, and they are are minor compared to the more compelling advantages of open carry.

This just became my favorite quote

I've said something similar, but never this eloquent.

Well said sir