• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I’m impressed - lad has bit of spirit!

solus

A 12-year-old Australian boy has pulled off a bold feat that is drawing international headlines: He stole his mom's credit card and managed to fly to Bali, Indonesia, for a posh, four-day vacation before getting caught, reports 9 News. As recounted in the Australian program A Current Affair, the boy did some research online and figured out he could fly alone without needing a letter from a parent on Jetstar Airways.

He nabbed his mom's credit card, tricked his grandmother into giving him his passport, took a train to the airport, and flew to Bali. “They just asked for my student ID and passport to prove that I’m over 12 and that I’m in secondary school," says the boy, identified only as Drew. He then checked into a four-star hotel, having made reservations in advance, telling the clerk that his older sister would be joining him soon.

And there he stayed, having a fine time while his panicked mom reported him as missing back home. It wasn't until the boy posted a video of himself in the hotel pool that his vacation finally came to an end.

One reason she's ticked: Her son had actually tried this stunt twice before, only to be turned away at the airport by Qantas and Garuda Airlines.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The boy apparently subscribes to the theory that if at first you do not succeed, try, try again...:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If her card had been borrowed/stolen by a friend or neighbor, there would undoubtedly be some serious charges pending.

hammer6

A 12-year-old Australian boy has pulled off a bold feat that is drawing international headlines: He stole his mom's credit card and managed to fly to Bali, Indonesia, for a posh, four-day vacation before getting caught, reports 9 News. As recounted in the Australian program A Current Affair, the boy did some research online and figured out he could fly alone without needing a letter from a parent on Jetstar Airways.

He nabbed his mom's credit card, tricked his grandmother into giving him his passport, took a train to the airport, and flew to Bali. “They just asked for my student ID and passport to prove that I’m over 12 and that I’m in secondary school," says the boy, identified only as Drew. He then checked into a four-star hotel, having made reservations in advance, telling the clerk that his older sister would be joining him soon.

And there he stayed, having a fine time while his panicked mom reported him as missing back home. It wasn't until the boy posted a video of himself in the hotel pool that his vacation finally came to an end.

One reason she's ticked: Her son had actually tried this stunt twice before, only to be turned away at the airport by Qantas and Garuda Airlines.

home alone 3?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Before we had prime time westerns on television, we had Saturday afternoon serial matinees at movie theaters and similar.

Lost in this bit of diminished history is the name of the hero's horses. How many do you remember? This is not a contest to see who scores the highest. It is but a trip back in time, a simpler time in a distant past.

In no particular order:

The Lone Ranger - Silver

Tonto - Scout

Roy Rogers - Trigger

Dale Evens - Buttermilk

Will Bill Elliott - Thunder, aka Black Jack

Red Ryder (Allan Lane played both Elliot and RR) - Thunder

Little Beaver - Papoose

Tom Mix - first Old Blue, then Tony

Gene Autry - Champion - I have a picture somewhere of myself on Champion in Brandeis theater Omaha

Straight Arrow - Fury

Hopalong Cassidy - Topper

Poncho - Loco
Wild Bill Hickok - Buckshot

Cisco Kid - Diablo

Zorro - Tornado on TV and Phantom in book and movies

John Wayne - Duke and Old Dollar

Annie Oakley - Target

Lash Larue - Apache

Tim Holt - Lightning

Hoot Gibson - Goldie

Tex Ritter - White Flash