• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congressman Cancels 700B Contract with Citibank

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Congressman Cancels 700B Contract with Citibank ‘Cause of Their Anti-Gun Policies
On Thursday, Rep. Todd Rokita (R-Ind.) penned a letter to “terminate Citibank’s contract because of their anti-Second Amendment policies.” Rokita led the writing of the letter, which received 15 congressional cosigners.
https://conservativepost.com/congre...th-citibank-cause-of-their-anti-gun-policies/
“Citibank’s new guidelines penalizes clients who do not align their sales policies to match the lender’s restrictive new commercial firearms policy,” the letter said. “These restrictions run counter to laws and regulations passed by Congress, and they infringe and discriminate against an individual’s Second Amendment rights.”

KBCraig

Bogus headline, but nice move on his part.

I'd use the term "damn lie" for the headline. The letter is as meaningless as if 15 Democrats wrote the same letter demanding an end to any business with Wells Fargo because they don't stop doing business with gun manufacturers.

echofiveniner

A lot of fire and fury but no real results. I'll say I'm glad someone said something, regardless of how little effect it will have.