• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need recommendations for a good tactical knife.

Small_Arms_Collector

I am in need of a new tactical knife, but would like some recommendations.

It needs to be a folder (my preference, and also effectively a legal requirement in Michigan)

It CANNOT have a double edged blade (Michigan law forbids it)

It needs to be spring assisted or an automatic

I would like a respected brand, I’ve tried carrying off brand stuff (Mtec and Cold Steel) before but they always fall apart.

Preferably US made for the same reason (doesn’t have to be, but no Chinese garbage that will fall apart)

I like Karambit style blades, but not the ridiculous looking, near half circle, ones, actual working blades. It doesn’t have to be a Karambit, but that would be my preference.

It needs to have a pocket clip

Also, I am on a budget, so no $300+ knives, something $50 or less, preferably less. Even if I did have the budget, I tend to lose knives (pocket clip either breaks off or is too loose) so cheaper is better.

Any recommendations?

Last edited:

HP995

Ozark Trail brand at Wally World for $1 or $2. High quality? Heck no, but you pay what it's worth, get plenty of value for the price, and it fits the legal criteria. (Not some of the other criteria.) Otherwise go with a high end product - the stuff in the middle at $10 or $15 will disappoint and may fail on you, it's around the same quality as the $1 knife.