• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rally for the Second Amendment April 14th nationwide

hammer6

Liberals have never met a prior restraint on our individual liberty that they did not like. Liberals must be completely removed from the political landscape. Their opinions are not worth spit! Acknowledging that they have a opinion is to lend credibility to their world view. I extend no such courtesy.

You cannot educate a bag of hair.

Then you are no different than they.

hammer6

The problem that I see here from several of the responses is that many of you think the "other side" can or wants to be educated on the issues. I have debated the issues, including gun rights, with liberals on many, many occasions. It has been my experience that they don't want to see any other side of the issue than theirs. I don't know if it's peer pressure, indoctrination, or just plain stubbornness, but I have never been able to change the mind of one single liberal. Maybe it's my presentation of the argument and I'm not an effective communicator. Based on my experiences though, I firmly believe liberals categorically refuse to compromise on any issue, period. There is now an attitude of scorched earth, no compromise attitudes among the liberals, especially the Alt-Left. I have lost all hope of ever getting a liberal to change their mind. If you think that's being dismissive or I'm a bully, so be it. My position on several issues, including gay marriage, and Medicaid expansion, have evolved. However, I will not compromise my 2nd Amendment beliefs, nor allow anyone to infringe on them.

Don't try to get them to change their mind, because like you said, you won't. Instead, support their beliefs that align with yours. Engage in dialogue without the purpose of pursuading them. You know, be friendly to them. Help them understand you're not a "gun nut", you're just a citizen who loves liberty. You can't sell to the unsellable. But that doesn't mean you can't engage with them and earn their respect. In the long run, that's the only possibility of getting them to evolve on the issue. Might as well try.

HP995

Reagan had some liberal in his background, fan of FDR. WND's Farah used to be a Marxist. Newsmax's Ruddy somehow became a buddy of Bill Clinton. The line between the two sides is a bit permeable.

People do change parties sometimes. Do vote outside the party sometimes. Do change minds sometimes. Undeniable fact, well documented.

But identity politics and peer pressure does make it hard to change people. Right now being liberal has a lot of life and career perks too. Some know you're right but they don't want to lose those perks.

CJ4wd

Don't try to get them to change their mind, because like you said, you won't. Instead, support their beliefs that align with yours. Engage in dialogue without the purpose of persuading them. You know, be friendly to them.

You can try to be friendly but I have found in my dealings with these LWWs that they doen't even want to associate with people like us.

Help them understand you're not a "gun nut", you're just a citizen who loves liberty.

They will never believe the first part and far too many of them are willing to, or already have, surrender their "liberty" and don't trust those who try to preserve it as the Constitution and Founders meant it to be used.

You can't sell to the unsellable. But that doesn't mean you can't engage with them and earn their respect. In the long run, that's the only possibility of getting them to evolve on the issue. Might as well try.

Again, we have nothing they want and, being "different" from them, they will NEVER "respect" us. It is a waste of time, money, and effort on our part which would be better spent preventing their Machiavellian plans.

solus

You can try to be friendly but I have found in my dealings with these LWWs that they doen't even want to associate with people like us.

They will never believe the first part and far too many of them are willing to, or already have, surrender their "liberty" and don't trust those who try to preserve it as the Constitution and Founders meant it to be used.

Again, we have nothing they want and, being "different" from them, they will NEVER "respect" us. It is a waste of time, money, and effort on our part which would be better spent preventing their Machiavellian plans.

Shades of a Planet of the Apes’ script.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I saw this posted on another forum. I'm not sure how much steam it has but figured the more exposure it gets the better supported it would be.

Rallies of the Second Amendment at the capitals of all 50 states in the country, April 14 2018. The will be our turn to push back. Please make an effort to come out and support this demonstration, wherever you are in the country.

freedomoutpost.com/april-14-2018-patriotic-americans-plans-second-amendment-rallies-state-capitals/

Word spread. Thanks for the info. :)

since9

Campaign Veteran
First let me ask anyone a question: How many times have you voted for someone you knew was bad on 2A and campaigning for gun control?

Never. It's a simple, straightforward litmus test. If a candidate is clueless about "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed," how am I supposed to trust them on any Constitutional matter, much less federal law?

For me, the answer is probably never in my entire life.

It's nice to know we agree on that issue. :)

I can say with confidence that if enough voters on the right showed up to rallies and marches or got on the news or called in, those numbers would put the fear of God into the politicians on the right and they would toe the line on 2A. That's what I'm hoping gun owners do.

Agreed.

But is the same true on the non-right? Will enough left politicians listen to the pro-gun left? And if not, how do we get around that? A large unified effort across party lines would be amazing. I truly would like to hear ideas on achieving that.

Like you said, even pro-gun left politicians are casting gun votes along party lines. Pelosi and Schumer have threatened Democrat Senators' and Representatives' careers who break ranks.

hammer6

hopeless attitude. you sound like their side. thanks for proving my point.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
SO, who from here is going?

I'm interested, but frankly I don't want to find myself among those who are going to bring in other issues than guns.

solus

i'll be there

SO, who from here is going?

I'm interested, but frankly I don't want to find myself among those who are going to bring in other issues than guns.

Well Milady (& hammer if in the Va area) if you wish to go, I have been known to spring for lunch/mid-afternoon snack or whatever...

alas tis your backyard so pm where to meet up and such.

hammer6

Well Milady (& hammer if in the Va area) if you wish to go, I have been known to spring for lunch/mid-afternoon snack or whatever...

alas tis your backyard so pm where to meet up and such.

in florida*

JTHunter2

hopeless attitude. you sound like their side. thanks for proving my point.

Why "hopeless"? It amounts to devoting our time and resources fighting the fires we have a chance of winning. If we can change a few minds along the way, it is likely because those people are NOT the "kool-aid drinkers" that are the zealots of their side.

hammer6

Why "hopeless"? It amounts to devoting our time and resources fighting the fires we have a chance of winning. If we can change a few minds along the way, it is likely because those people are NOT the "kool-aid drinkers" that are the zealots of their side.

what do you mean why? read his post and see all the negativity and hoplessness in his text.

CJ4wd

It wasn't meant as "hopeless" but a simple statement of facts. the "diehard adherents ", those that are so "dyed-in-the-wool" that they can't even consider anybody else having an opinion different than theirs. These people are a waste of time and effort to change their minds, so I would prefer to work on those that are less certain in their convictions. Those are the people that might change their minds. I'm too old to waste what time I have left talking to a brick wall. :banghead:

solus

Raising my hand in the back...

Why hasn’t anybody ask the question on who instituted this event?

“The NCCPA is a coalition of various Patriot groups who have come together to unify our ideals and diligently work together to uphold the Constitution.”

Who are these various patriotic groups comprising nccpa?

what are the core ideals?

who is working together? (Let’s see, TXOCT?, GRNC? uh maybe VDLC? perhaps the Buckeye groups? ~ who is actually working together?)

Goodness sake, the gun wearing groups are worse than the HS’rs as they jumped on the mythical bandwagons without hesitation.

JustaShooter

who is working together? (Let’s see, TXOCT?, GRNC? uh maybe VDLC? perhaps the Buckeye groups? ~ who is actually working together?)

Great question. I can't speak for the rest, but nobody even contacted OFCC or Ohio Carry until a couple of weeks ago, well after plans for our annual Patriots Day rally on April 21st were well underway. They certainly weren't working with us.

Last edited: