• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rally for the Second Amendment April 14th nationwide

Yetiman

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"....he has taken it upon himself to encourage constitutionally minded Americans to rally at their state capitals at a time when the Second Amendment is under attack."
[h=1]April 14, 2018: Patriotic Americans Plans Second Amendment Rallies At All State Capitals[/h]https://tinyurl.com/y9l7pq3s

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Patriots Day Celebration, April 21, 2018
Where: Ohio Statehouse 1 Capitol Square, Columbus, Ohio 43215
When: Saturday, April 21 at 11 AM - 2 PM

The one in Ohio is April 21 not the 14.

I know some guns guys who are not going.

hammer6

"....he has taken it upon himself to encourage constitutionally minded Americans to rally at their state capitals at a time when the Second Amendment is under attack."
[h=1]April 14, 2018: Patriotic Americans Plans Second Amendment Rallies At All State Capitals[/h]https://tinyurl.com/y9l7pq3s

i mean, it was a good article until they had to throw hate at the other "group" and call them "useful idiots". Can we please get someone to argue in favor of the Constitution without shaming someone or attacking people because of their opinion? It's not useful to the cause.

CJ4wd

Illinois will have its rally on Wednesday, April 25, 2018. It is called IGold as it stands for Illinois Gun Owner's Lobby Day.
It is the day that several thousand like-minded people march on the State House and try to meet with their legislators, but most are "not in their offices" (committees, Chamber floor, etc.).

solus

Illinois will have its rally on Wednesday, April 25, 2018. It is called IGold as it stands for Illinois Gun Owner's Lobby Day.
It is the day that several thousand like-minded people march on the State House and try to meet with their legislators, but most are "not in their offices" (committees, Chamber floor, etc.).

Or hiding if you will! :shocker:

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

i mean, it was a good article until they had to throw hate at the other "group" and call them "useful idiots". Can we please get someone to argue in favor of the Constitution without shaming someone or attacking people because of their opinion? It's not useful to the cause.

This is the problem with the right compared to the left. The left has no problem calling people names even when they don't fit. The right can't bring themselves to call an idiot, and idiot even when they are ones. That is why Trump did what McCain, and Romney could not.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
This is the problem with the right compared to the left. The left has no problem calling people names even when they don't fit. The right can't bring themselves to call an idiot, and idiot even when they are ones. That is why Trump did what McCain, and Romney could not.

The problem the gun-owning "right" has is that it presumes if you support gun rights you are also anti-choice -- bullying those who choose abortion, dismissive of those who choose a different gender than their genitalia would indicate, inflammatory toward those who choose partners of the same sex -- and that you oppose Obamacare, Medicaid Expansion, DACA, pathways to citizenship, and other topics. What ends up happening is that the "right" proves it does not want the help, or the votes, from those who disagree on other issues, rather than respecting the differences of opinion and allying on the gun issue.

hammer6

The problem the gun-owning "right" has is that it presumes if you support gun rights you are also anti-choice -- bullying those who choose abortion, dismissive of those who choose a different gender than their genitalia would indicate, inflammatory toward those who choose partners of the same sex -- and that you oppose Obamacare, Medicaid Expansion, DACA, pathways to citizenship, and other topics. What ends up happening is that the "right" proves it does not want the help, or the votes, from those who disagree on other issues, rather than respecting the differences of opinion and allying on the gun issue.

bingo

HP995

abortion, ... genitalia, ... same sex ... Obamacare, Medicaid Expansion, DACA, pathways to citizenship, and other topics

Unbingo. It's usually not the right that injects these other issues into the conversation about guns.

About politics in general or a political candidate or party, sure. They have just as much right to be for or against those things as you do. When it comes to life and voting we all have a bigger picture with other important issues.

About guns in particular, I don't see those things popping up unless the conversation veers off. Is it relevant? I don't see the right doing that much. I do see non-right doing it some. ;)

But if someone lets other political issues get in the way of cooperation about a common goal, it's ultimately up to that person to get past the hangup and reach out. We need more unity and the only way to achieve that is ... to practice it. It's your choice, each person's choice, it does require persistence, it's not always easy, so no one else to blame. Good way to cooperate with diverse members is stay on topic, on target!

HP995

But you know, I'm back here because I can't get this off my mind. We need to get greater cooperation for gun rights to survive. But how to achieve that in practice? In this political climate.

First let me ask anyone a question: How many times have you voted for someone you knew was bad on 2A and campaigning for gun control?

For me, the answer is probably never in my entire life. I doubt if anyone on the non-right can say that? So one problem is that the left political machine is increasingly unified against guns. I know individuals on the left who believe in 2A, but the big politicians in their party still rail against guns. That's not me judging people but it's me looking at the real situation we have to work with.

So then if we on the left and right (and other groups) make a renewed effort to cooperate, how do we get the results? Congress is so polarized (no matter which side is running it) that it's mostly party line votes plus a lot of maneuvering to keep it that way.

I can say with confidence that if enough voters on the right showed up to rallies and marches or got on the news or called in, those numbers would put the fear of God into the politicians on the right and they would toe the line on 2A. That's what I'm hoping gun owners do. Even Trump has made an effort to reassure his voters; I got an email back from the WH today. Not happy with him but it shows they are listening when we speak up in numbers.

But is the same true on the non-right? Will enough left politicians listen to the pro-gun left? And if not, how do we get around that? A large unified effort across party lines would be amazing. I truly would like to hear ideas on achieving that.

Across racial lines is another issue that may be non-PC but is reality. Noir had a very good show lately with the perfect title "The March For Less Freedom"

Big fan of Noir, really admired this video getting some ignored inner city voices on this, but I have to say too many blacks are bloc voting against their own rights, he may be kidding himself until he really gets more of his community out to vote on this issue! But we need to get all these groups together.

hammer6

Unbingo. It's usually not the right that injects these other issues into the conversation about guns.

About politics in general or a political candidate or party, sure. They have just as much right to be for or against those things as you do. When it comes to life and voting we all have a bigger picture with other important issues.

About guns in particular, I don't see those things popping up unless the conversation veers off. Is it relevant? I don't see the right doing that much. I do see non-right doing it some. ;)

But if someone lets other political issues get in the way of cooperation about a common goal, it's ultimately up to that person to get past the hangup and reach out. We need more unity and the only way to achieve that is ... to practice it. It's your choice, each person's choice, it does require persistence, it's not always easy, so no one else to blame. Good way to cooperate with diverse members is stay on topic, on target!

you just don't understand what he's talking about. if "gun nuts" cared as much about other rights as they do the 2nd amendment, there would be more support for the 2nd amendment when the time came to rally for it. instead, there's a huge divide becuase "gun nuts" spend their time mocking people who rally for things they don't believe in. you know, the way other people mock "gun nuts" for standing up for the "outdated" second amendment. both sides are just as much to blame.

hammer6

First let me ask anyone a question: How many times have you voted for someone you knew was bad on 2A and campaigning for gun control?

For me, the answer is probably never in my entire life. I doubt if anyone on the non-right can say that? So one problem is that the left political machine is increasingly unified against guns. I know individuals on the left who believe in 2A, but the big politicians in their party still rail against guns. That's not me judging people but it's me looking at the real situation we have to work with.

how many times have you voted for someone who you knew was bad on gay rights and campaigning for marriage to be a man and a woman? probably always. that's the point. you vote for what you care about. what takes priority. maybe your friends who are liberals vote against guns because they see you being the same way towards their beliefs? all i'm saying is, far too many times i see people on the right making fun of people who are marching for equal rights, who are marching "hands up don't shoot"....instead of taking the time to get educated on the matter, talk to people, and try and make a difference.

CJ4wd

As for your question, only if it was unavoidable. A few years ago, our federal representative was a democrat who only had a A- to B+ rating from the NRA. The republican opponent was either a D or F (don't remember). The only other democrat I have voted for was in a presidential campaign. From what he had said during the campaign, I knew this man was a "lost cause" because he had told the electorate the truth, a truth they did NOT want to hear, and that America MUST pay her bills and trim the deficit. I knew then that this man could not win but he had the cojunes to tell the truth. That and the fact that he had a female vice-president candidate: Walter Mondale and Geraldine Ferraro. He didn't have a particularly good rating with the NRA but the truth he told people about this country's deficit outweighed that.

Other than that, I have always tried to vote for candidates who were fiscally conservative, pro-Constitution people.

OC for ME

how many times have you voted for someone who you knew was bad on gay rights and campaigning for marriage to be a man and a woman? probably always. that's the point. you vote for what you care about. what takes priority. maybe your friends who are liberals vote against guns because they see you being the same way towards their beliefs? all i'm saying is, far too many times i see people on the right making fun of people who are marching for equal rights, who are marching "hands up don't shoot"....instead of taking the time to get educated on the matter, talk to people, and try and make a difference.
No cause touted by liberals is worthy of discussion with a/that liberal.

Hands up don't shoot is based on and any valid points, not that they have any in my view, were addresses back in the late 60's...already.

I do not give the time of day to cop haters.

I do not engage with liberals in political debates because I know what they will say before they say it...there is nothing new to be learned from a liberal.

Liberals voting against guns, the 2A, are not voting to counter my vote for a political critter that I voted for based on his position on taxes, private property rights, the 2A, limited government, ect. If he opposes gay rights I would still vote for him. Two gays getting married does not affect me, but voting for a anti-gun, taxing, big government liberal, will affect every citizen gay or straight. But, liberals don't care about individual liberty...

Giving a liberal the time of day, the courtesy of the benefit of the doubt, is a few seconds of your life better spent being unconscious.

HP995

you vote for what you care about. what takes priority. maybe your friends who are liberals vote against guns because they see you being the same way towards their beliefs? all i'm saying is, far too many times i see people on the right making fun of people who are marching for equal rights, who are marching "hands up don't shoot"....instead of taking the time to get educated on the matter, talk to people, and try and make a difference.

So here's the deal. I say to the Left: I vote for 2A and gun rights. I vote for my freedom (and yours). How about you?

It's projection to say that I vote for what takes priority as if that's the same situation. I vote for guns and the Constitution. That usually aligns with my other priorities, and that's a well educated intentional choice, it's consistent. Not judging anyone - just saying that's the fact. I prioritize and vote for this cause. Please reflect on your own situation. If 2A is priority #5 or #10 below a bunch of other issues, you need to think whether retaining the right to keep and bear is really important to you.

People on the Left are not the ones to be made fun of or have social pressure nowadays. Try not being able to post your beliefs on social media and having constant demonization and bullying in news media, entertainment, and education. Really, think about it before you respond. But you don't hear about that because we're sticking to the OC/2A topic, as we should. I don't have any friends who get in a huff and vote against guns because of my position on genitalia. (If they did I would stay well away and limit contact to email, because emotional knee jerk tendency is not good for either politics or guns.) They mainly vote Dem because it was a family tradition, and that group is dwindling, some are changing parties. Otherwise people bloc vote their "identity" or peer pressure.

But laying all that aside, I would truly absolutely love to see Pro-2A Lefties cooperate with the Right on guns plus make their own votes count and prioritize it #1. Talk is easy but make that vote count for 2A. If there's a situation with a Dem who's good on guns AND has a realistic chance to stand up against the party leadership on gun votes (including punitive actions, they play dirty in Congress) and up against an anti-gun R who WON'T toe the party line, we could look at that. Also it would be good to cooperate on rallies and calling politicians etc. We need to get people educated ON GUN RIGHTS and the benefits that holds for them - not on genitalia issues. They are already getting an education on that 24/7 at school and home. Want to work together, get past the hangups and get it done.

hammer6

I don't have any friends who get in a huff and vote against guns because of my position on genitalia. (If they did I would stay well away and limit contact to email, because emotional knee jerk tendency is not good for either politics or guns.)

that's not what I said. They vote against guns because they're ignorant. try communicating with them and trying to understand their point of view FIRST, and then maybe they'll be inclined to be open minded and see what's coming from your point of view.

OC for ME

Liberals have never met a prior restraint on our individual liberty that they did not like. Liberals must be completely removed from the political landscape. Their opinions are not worth spit! Acknowledging that they have a opinion is to lend credibility to their world view. I extend no such courtesy.

You cannot educate a bag of hair.

scooter348

The problem that I see here from several of the responses is that many of you think the "other side" can or wants to be educated on the issues. I have debated the issues, including gun rights, with liberals on many, many occasions. It has been my experience that they don't want to see any other side of the issue than theirs. I don't know if it's peer pressure, indoctrination, or just plain stubbornness, but I have never been able to change the mind of one single liberal. Maybe it's my presentation of the argument and I'm not an effective communicator. Based on my experiences though, I firmly believe liberals categorically refuse to compromise on any issue, period. There is now an attitude of scorched earth, no compromise attitudes among the liberals, especially the Alt-Left. I have lost all hope of ever getting a liberal to change their mind. If you think that's being dismissive or I'm a bully, so be it. My position on several issues, including gay marriage, and Medicaid expansion, have evolved. However, I will not compromise my 2nd Amendment beliefs, nor allow anyone to infringe on them.